• This topic has 25 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • dodgy looking santa cruz bullit in huddersfield
  • c9tln
    Free Member

just seen some kids on a red santa cruz bullit with tripple crown forks in huddersfield,a bit of a bike for teenagers hanging around on,anyone had one go missing?

robdob
    Free Member

Where in hudds?

c9tln
    Free Member

salendine nook area.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Theres a wrung-out looking old timer in Avonmouth that rides a Santa Cruz Bullit with a Basket and boom arm rack mounted to his seatpost. Kingtut has probably seen him.

robdob
    Free Member

I live in that area and don't know of anyone near who has one tbh.

hora
    Free Member

Will keep alookout. How old does the frame/forks look though?

c9tln
    Free Member

a few year old i'd say,just looked a bit iffy that's all,when i was about 14 i had an emmelle not a couple of grand bike.

Xylene
    Free Member

a few year old i'd say,just looked a bit iffy that's all,when i was about 14 i had an emmelle not a couple of grand bike

When I was younger I didn't have a bike. I had to strap two dustbin lids together with a broom handle and use that to ride to school.

Times have changed. Parents are stupid and believe they can buy their kids affections with expensive gifts.

Then again, it is Huddersfield, so it is probably nicked.

hora
    Free Member

Then again, it is Huddersfield, so it is probably nicked.

If the lads live in Outlane or certain parts of Salendine Nook I doubt it very much.

yunki
    Free Member

When I was younger I didn't have a bike. I had to strap two dustbin lids together with a broom handle and use that to ride to school.

When I was younger I didn't have two dustbin lids strapped together with a broom handle. I had to to tie two milk bottle tops together with a matchstick and ride that to school.

loddrik
    Free Member

God forbid kids on half decent bikes. Obviously stolen….

These threads depress me, these are the same sentiments that would equate a black person in a nice car as either stolen or a drug dealer.

Get a life…

mt
    Free Member

There is a lot of bike theft from sheds and garages going on in the Huddersfield area at the moment.

RustySpanner

Driving back from Skelmanthorpe on Friday, I saw two blokes riding through Huddersfield town centre, separately, but both wearing full face lids.

Particularly gnarly kerbs, dood, or an outbreak of considerate ugliness in Huddersfield?

loddrik
    Free Member

I live in Liverpool which I can assure you has way more crime than hudersfield, everytime I see a half decent bike I don't assume it is stolen unless it is ridden by someone in full Lycra. Long before I was 'into' biking properly, I still had decent bikes, I also probably looked like a scally.

None of my bikes were stolen, I just liked decent bikes. People who don't spend their life up in the hills are allowed to have decent bikes without having stolen them…

hora
    Free Member

Maybe some people on this thread are jealous as the bikes in question are better than theirs? 😉

c9tln
    Free Member

loddrik-scruffy looking kids always have smart looking bikes miles too big for them so i take your point.

hora
    Free Member

I look scruffy now. I was actually followed round the wineshop on Friday.

Should kids now wear a semi-formal shirt and shined-shoes for playing in?

Unless you mean the 'chav-uniform' of black Nike Airs, tracksuit bottoms?

ken_shields
    Free Member

My 12yr old daughter has a Kona full suss with complete XT group set inc wheels, Thomson stem and seatpost and Profile carbon bars.

As she doesn't always ride in "proper" riding gear and will go out with her friends does this mean that she's stolen it? 😯

All because it's a nice bike it doesn't mean it's nicked.

If you reckon it's nicked why don't you do something about it as you've obviously decided they must be guilty. Take pics of the crims, call the police and get them arrested

hora
    Free Member

Sorry Ken. Your daughter needs to look 'factory' whenever she swings her leg over her bike.

Think Rachel Atherton. Even when shes on the way to a shop. STW'ers have a dress code apparently 😉

M6TTF
    Free Member

God forbid kids on half decent bikes. Obviously stolen….
    These threads depress me, these are the same sentiments that would equate a black person in a nice car as either stolen or a drug dealer.
    Get a life…

only other option would be an overpaid footballer 😉 I pass rucks of them on my daily commute

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Can't help but be reminded of the one time sage of Singletrackworld, Richard Vine.

hora
    Free Member

Someone should have picked up his books at school and listened abit more?

marsdenman
    Free Member

That'd be as obviously stolen as the young lad who scoots around the village here on an Orange 5… (That village being 'just down the road' from Hudds as well – must be a 'ringing' operation 😉 )
    Never known him go off-road on it but he always has his helmet on (and on right at that..) and can wheelie well enough to make a good few of us on here most envious…

hora
    Free Member

marsdenman surely your related to him? 😆

marsdenman
    Free Member

Hora – WRONG! 😉
    I'm not web-toed – worse that that, I'm a 'comer-in', worse that that even, I'm a comer-in from just over the hill in Diggle. Apparently it could only be worse if i'd moved over here from Meltham… 😀

hora
    Free Member

😆

Well you've brought a new strain of DNA in 😀

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘dodgy looking santa cruz bullit in huddersfield’ is closed to new replies.