Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • dodgy ebay sellers query
  • spev

Right then, lets say I had some info about 2 linked ebay sellers (the same user with 2 accounts) who have been in posession of at least 1 stolen bike. Said user is “under investigation” by the police but is continuing (over six months investigation started) to sell through ebay. I have evidence that at least 1 bike and some of the parts from said bike have been advertised and sold in that period, and i’m pretty confident that many of the bikes are stolen that hes selling/sold.
    As it seems the police aren’t doing much/enough/anything at all (delete as you see fit) should I name and shame them?

taxi25
    Free Member

If you know he’s selling stolen stuff and can back that up with evidence name and shame.

spev

I have to say I’m a little worried about repercussions though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nealglover
    Free Member

I presume “spev” isn’t your real, full name.

And you don’t have your full address and postcode in your profile.

I reckon you will be ok.

(It’s a bike thief, not a mafia kingpin 🙂 )

Bazz

If the police have the same evidence as you and still aren’t doing anything then report them to the IPCC, if they don’t have the evidence that you have then give it to them.

spev

They believed us enough to return my mates bike to him minus the parts the seller had removed and sold ( raceface crank and hope brakes both sold the week before, bars stem dropper post swapped out and fitted to another bike he was selling).As the seller has a history of buying bikes on gumtree and classifieds I thought maybe he accidentally bought my mates bike, but the part swapping gives the impression he is trying to disguise his activities.

spev

My concern revolves around the fact that my mates bike was taken during a targeted day of bike thefts in one area of my hometown culminating in 25 high quality bikes being stolen. I also identified 2 bikes stolen from the thetford area being sold by him. He may be selling them on for these scumbags. If someone can assure me that my details can’t be found by tracing IP addresses etc then I’ll give out a bit more info.

nealglover
    Free Member

If someone can assure me that my details can’t be found by tracing IP addresses etc then I’ll give out a bit more info.

I reckon you are over thinking things a bit.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’m no internet sleuth, but through a haze of Corona and chocolate digestives I know the city you live in, your name, age, email address and where you work/worked.

I say spill the beans!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘dodgy ebay sellers query’ is closed to new replies.