Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dodgy credit card transaction "Computer network information services"
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

I spotted a couple of low value items on my credit card statement that I didn’t recognise. The vendor was “Hp France” and the location was “Parisissy Des FRA”. When I queried with the card company they said the description of these transactions was “computer network information services”.

It all sounds like fraudulent stuff to me, but I’ve not found an awful lot of any use on Google. Before I report it as fraud, has anyone else had this? My card is Capital One.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

*bump*

wwaswas

card detail thieves will often try a couple of small value transactions to see if a card is accepted.

dispute the transaction – if it’s real they’ll soon come back with more details.

jon1973
    Free Member

If you didn’t make any purchases of those values, then it’s fraudulent surely?

wooobob

If you didn’t spend the money then you should just challenge it. When this happened to me I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly HSBC refunded the money on to my card after filling in a short form to say I had no knowledge of the transaction.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

If you didn’t make any purchases of those values, then it’s fraudulent surely?

It was pre-Christmas when there was a lot of pressies going to the card from a lot of different shops. I’ve searched my receipts but can’t find anything, but that means nothing to be honest. I have challenged before without any issue at all.

jon1973
    Free Member

I would play it safe and report, Capital One are pretty good. Like wwaswas said, they could be testing the water.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Rang them back to report them as fraudulent. Got through to a different department who told me they were for Snapfish, which I now know to be genuine.

WHY COULD THEY NOT HAVE TOLD ME THAT WHEN I FIRST QUERIED THEM!!! 👿

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dodgy credit card transaction "Computer network information services"’ is closed to new replies.