Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Dodgier than a dodgy thing from dodgesville on eBay
  • plus-one

Yes please mister where will I send my direct payment 😆

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=331657641709&globalID=EBAY-GB

Not a pic taken in same place !!

russyh
    Free Member

I enquires about a new giant reign he has listed a while back. He told me he was an EU giant dealer and that if I wanted the bike to buy through eBay he would then cancel the transaction and I had to send him money directly if I remember correctly! at which point I reported him to eBay and told him to do one! Glad to see he is still trading. Maybe it is a real seller, selling real bikes?

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

He’s got 21 other giant bikes got sale.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

There are users on here who have bought and had bikes delivered from them.

Think they were a Giant store in France.

cakefacesmallblock

I needed a couple of bits to get an Eberspacher diesel night heater, which I’d bought secondhand for my van.
    Found a very similar looking eBay site with everything I needed, from a seller in Turkey.
    I was a bit skint and the saving over UK prices was significant.
    Took a chance and it all showed up four days later. Brand new branded genuine kit.
    They aren’t all bad, it’s just finding them.

njee20
    Free Member

Doesn’t look that dodgy to me. Photos clearly taken in a shop (all of them, what do you mean “none in the same place”?), feedback includes another Giant sold with good feedback, other bikes for sale, reasonable price. Meh.

chakaping
    Free Member

All I have to say is that TCR is bloody sexy.

curto80
    Free Member

Yeah I didn’t understand the “same place” observation either. What did you mean by that?

That said asking people to complete the transaction other than in accordance with ebay’s policy is an automatic red flag. Doesn’t necessarily mean this guy is dodgy, but at that money I wouldn’t take the risk. This time of year you can get better bargains down the lbs.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’ll have that Propel with the Zipp wheels please 🙂

v8ninety

Strikes me that he’s trying to save himself the significant final value and PayPal fees, and share some of the saving with the buyer. eBay wouldn’t be happy, but it doesn’t look like he’s out to scam the buyer. Surprised he hasn’t been caught by eBay though

shermer75
    Free Member

Ok, some of the photos look like they’re in a shop. Some are outside, and a couple look like promotional photos. The guy has a feedback of ‘7’, although in his favour they are all positive ;-). I would say it’s a risky one to be fair.

DanW
    Free Member

It’s not going to make ebay happy but in the end is no different to phoning up a shop and placing an order over the phone (which I imagine is exactly how they want you to buy for everyone to avoid the fees). Just a way to advertise bike for sale at a shop really, nothing dodgy IMO

ads678

All the pics are taken in front of the same backdrop, which is a picture of outside!!

DezB
    Free Member

I’d say not a dodgy trader, just a dodgy Ebay user. And who has sympathy for eBay what with their high charges these days.
    Low feedback because most transactions are done “offline”.
    Wouldn’t use them personally.

cokie

I spoke to them about a Giant Reign- they said I could collect from London and pay cash, bank transfer or pay pal (if I cover the fees). Absolutely nothing dodgy from what I could see. Probably a shop closing down and selling stock.

shermer75
    Free Member

All the pics are taken in front of the same backdrop, which is a picture of outside!!

It’s the photos for the other bikes that are all different

russyh
    Free Member

Aftrer the first message i had from him, i got this:
    Hi, let me explain how we work:

The authorized Giant store that I run is based in west Europe in € zone. This is direct sale price with our store so ones you receive your bike we cancel ebay order because we are not authorized as a authorized Giant retailer to sell bikes through third party online sites offering full warranty.

Ones you “buy it now” I send you our store details for direct payment to the store by card (no extra fee) or to the store email address/paypal account – in this case £1555 Net please. We offer free shipping.

If you prefer to stick with classic ebay/paypal transaction then price is £1788 to cover 13% of ebay.paypal fees.

Let me know if you are still interested in purchasing with us that we could discuss your questions about size, warranty and delivery.

Which basically meant he had the bike listed at around £1555 though ebay, but if i wanted to buy through ebay it was £1788…..It all started to look too messy for me! Completely against eBays terms, which would of left me high and dry if anything went wrong.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

“Probably a shop closing down and selling stock.” not really as they are 2016 bikes, why get bike in to close down and 2016 shouldn’t not really be discounted as they just come out and prob in limited numbers as well.

I see him as using ebay as advertising/getting his shop/items to wider audience but not wanting to pay ebay/paypal fees etc (don’t blame them)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Dodgier than a dodgy thing from dodgesville on eBay’ is closed to new replies.