Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Doddy
  • alpin
    Free Member

GMBN’s new presenter….

anyone else find him dull and boring to watch? i know he has been around a while and as such would have expected him to have a little bit more charisma.

i thought that there was a bit of rapport between the lads and Ashton. don’t know if they are all still around, but this Doddy guy is dull dull dull….

GCN seem to do a pretty good job. informative and engaging, and i don’t even like road bikes but still find myself watching them as they are entertaining.

colp

Met him at Leogang, dull and ignorant was the impression I got.

Cougar

Phew.

I thought this was reporting that Ken Dodd’s dad’s dog’s dead.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Phew.

I (mis-read) and thought colp had met him at Legoland

Northwind

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Northwind – he came to mind too.

Very sad what he’s going through

(He was the bloody bane of the English mind)

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Ah, Colp at Leogang, hez was ein righztn hootz a minuzten, “Mein sidezn splitzen, ja!”.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Is that the same tit from that joke mag MBUK? If so I thought he was dull, boring and ignorant even in print.

Mind you he should fit in well on that channel..

muggomagic

I don’t mind him TBH but he’s no Scotty Laughland, that bloke is a seriously good rider and after a shaky start he turned into a decent presenter. Glad to see he’s still doing “sick edits” on facebook.

milky1980
    Free Member

I find his tech videos really good, not because I don’t know what to do but that they come across as explaining it in simple terms that gives you confidence to do the job yourself. I also met him at BPW not long after he had got the GMBN gig (he was setting up his Canyon Strive) and he was easy to talk to on the bus, always polite and helped the inexperienced riders there that day with getting their bikes on the trailer etc. No fuss around him like you get with some celebs, just a normal guy riding bikes.

But then I didn’t really like Scotty’s presenting style, came across a bit too hyper for my liking. With Doddy, Neil Martyn and Blake they have a good mix of characters that work well with Martyn the star, Blake the hyperactive kid, Neil the straight guy and Doddy the semi-serious one.

nickhit3
    Free Member

Blake is the worst. His pro-bike checks- amongst other things- are absolute pish. Toe curling ‘Bro/RAD/SICK’ superlatives whilst telling me how many wheels Aaron Gwin’s bike has. Its unnervingly like a parody. Undoubtedly a great rider but he blows on camera. Too many cooks on GMBN. And to think the pilot episode had Warner presenting.

muggomagic

The dirt shed used to be Ashton and Warner which is why I started watching the channel, but not long after he started doing more work for Red Bull TV and obviously didn’t have room for the shed. The fella that went to GCN was a good presenter too.

kayak23

It’s basically a video version of MBUK, and Doddy being on it obviously doesn’t counter that.
    It’s what the majority of their audience like though so meh…

He knows his bikes though and he’s very good at the tech stuff. Enjoyed his recent jaunts around the Eurobike fair.

I like all the presenters in their own way really but don’t watch it that much as yeah, it’s a bit MBUK for me.

j4mesj4mes
    Free Member

I struggle to watch the channel with much enthusiasm anymore. I expect as it feels the target audience is sub 18 years old.

maccruiskeen

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Scotty Laughland, that bloke is a seriously good rider

His dad is nae slouch either! 😀

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

No fuss around him like you get with some celebs, just a normal guy riding bikes.

Celeb? Wut?

Northwind

I’m always wanting great things for Scotty Laughland so I can use him as a graduate profile some time and stick him in our prospectus “Alright boss, I’m off to do some serious work here, yes I am taking my bike, what of it? PS I’m putting 2 uplift tickets on the work credit card and charging 45p per mile I ride”

Doddy’s role at MBUK was to be The One With The Opinions, rode with him a couple of times and he seemed a good guy but he had a bit of a persona in the mag that made him seem an arse. He did an excellent mea culpa on 29ers which I quite liked- “Basically all the early 29ers I rode really were crap, and because it was every one I’d ever ridden, I thought it was 29ers being crap, I was wrong”. You get bonus marks for that.

chrismac

I agree with the OP and I dont think much of the Blake chap. The others I like.

Doddy just seems interested in keeping his place on the suppliers freebie list by saying everything is great and he cant wait to try a new xxxxxxx because its a different colour

wallop

I don’t watch GMBN but I follow Blake on Instagram. He makes me laugh.

muggomagic

I think Blake comes across as a really nice bloke. When you look at the comments on the GMBN videos he always seems to go through and reply to people. He’s great to watch on the bike too.

DezB
    Free Member

I expect as it feels the target audience is sub 18 years old.

Yup, my son really enjoys the Youtube channel. To be fair, compared to many of the youtube ahem “presenters” I’ve seen him watch, Doddy is quite the pro.

milky1980
    Free Member

As in bike celebs, have seen a few refuse to talk to anyone! Probably an “It’s my day off, leave me alone”!” thing but he was chatty with anyone, just being a normal guy out having fun on his bike. The whole bus on one uplift knew all about his house renovation troubles, even got a few tips from a builder in the rear seats.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

House renovations. Hah. You can subscribe for his weekly updates.

He knows his shit when it comes to bikes, and blakes the nicest guy you could meet.

oikeith

I didnt like him when he did that show which went out on the bike channel but find him okay on GMBN. It might have been cos that show was edited oddly and I find the girl annoying after awhile…

Does anyone know why Scott left GMBN?

stevextc
    Free Member

To be fair he knows his stuff if a bit wooden and to me that’s way better than knowing bugger all but being a good presenter.

Personally I find the pro-bike checks completely pointless… but some people presumably like them and they seem to be struggling for a daily item.

I thought it was better when it was just Neil and Marc but hey ho that’s just me.

stever
    Free Member

I thought this was reporting that Ken Dodd’s dad’s dog’s dead.

Did he?

jamesfts
    Free Member

I find the girl annoying after awhile

Awhile being 3 to 5 seconds?

I’ve a lot of time for Cunny, great rider, enjoyed his coverage of the EWS and who could forget his sections in the Sprung videos.

That program however is still unwatchable – it’s like an awkward 1st dates show, so much cringe.

Edukator
    Free Member

Was he the one that did the pink camo forks for MBUK? If so… .

onandon
    Free Member

GCN are great. GMBN are a bunch of mouth breathers. Can’t stand the show.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Doddy’ is closed to new replies.