Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • .docx format to something I can edit on a Mac (don't have Office)…anyone?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I have been sent a questionnaire I have to fill out and email back. It’s been sent as a .docx which I can “quick look” in email but can’t open it to edit it and fill it out. Anything I can do with CS suite? Or can someone open it, re-save as something I can edit on a Mac and re-send it back to me? Pweeeeaaaaase?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

google docs

tonyd

+1 google docs, or download libreoffice, that should be able to open/edit it. Although you might lose some formatting.

matt_outandabout

google mail or outlook/hotmail.com email will both open it and save it as a different format.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah, shoot, yeah, I forgot google docs would open it. 😳

Cheers folks. 🙂

leffeboy

Or create a free onedrive account. I’m pretty sure you can then edit it without messing up the formatting or changing the file type

jambalaya
    Free Member

You can try iCloud.com too

tthew

Can’t you just copy from the quick look and paste into whatever Mac office suite you have?

You’ll then be able to save it and e-mail it back in a format they can’t open!

hammyuk
    Free Member

opens fine in Pages on my Pro

hypnotoad
    Free Member

LibreOffice is another option

seosamh77
    Free Member

Neo office opens docx.

Cougar
    Jamie
    Free Member

LibreOffice is another option

This. It’s what I use for day to day use, and when I need to open word docs.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bookmarked 🙂

Cougar

(-:

I had it recommended for something the other day; can’t vouch personally for the quality of its results yet, but the principle is impressive.

jamj1974

Pages works

maccruiskeen

Pages works

Pages can be hit and miss with .docx – it’ll aways open the document, but sometimes the contents is juggled, sometime swathes of the page are missing. Seems to depend on how (clumsily) the author has put the document together.

The problem is always solved by asking the sender to resend as .doc and non of the intended content is lost that way – so – without being familiar with Office what is .docx adding that .doc file does’t have, apart from a spanner in the gears?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

you could always print it and fax it back 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘.docx format to something I can edit on a Mac (don't have Office)…anyone?’ is closed to new replies.