Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Doctors/GPs
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

I’ve not been to the doctors in years, so i want to go for a general check-up and to ask about lower back pain i get. But i’ve moved from Rutherglen further into the Southside in that time, so different council regions.(So not far, jsut further into glasgow.)

Would i just go back to my old doctors? Or do i need to find a new doctor in this area? Just wondering what the general etiquette here is?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Easier to register with the nearest practice. You’ll need your NHS card I think, but the admin people there should be able to tell you. Speak to locals to see who they recommend.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll ask about decent practices around here. But the old doctors is just as easy to go though, it’s only a couple of miles away.

Will need to see about an NHS card, never had one, take it that’s a recent thing?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

If you’ve moved into a different area they’ll want you to re-register I think. They did with us, but this is Wales so could be different.

docrobster
    Free Member

You may still be within the practice area for your old GP surgery if you’ve not moved far. They may have a website that will show you. If you have moved outside the catchment area you will need to re-register. You shouldn’t need your nhs card for this. Most people lose theirs. You’ll have to fill in some forms and see the nurse first for a new patient check. You’ll get sent a new card if you change doctors. They aren’t a new invention. Invented at same time as the nhs I believe.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The GP may keep you on even if out of their area – but its their call and not all will do it

seosamh77
    Free Member

cheers all

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Doctors/GPs’ is closed to new replies.