Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Doctor's Gate trail – is it worth the ride?
  • ratswithwings
    Free Member

Was stood above doctor’s gate trail last night whilst on a little stroll; just wondering, is the trail a good ride? Those who have been down it …. tell me what ya thought about it!!!

Kit
    Free Member

Hike-a-bike. Don’t bother.

lambo

Waste of time

MartynS

a long and nasty slog up to it, and a very unrewarding down. Personally I wouldn’t bother…..

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

nope its shit

milkyman
    Free Member

in a word, no

neninja
    Free Member

Unless you mean the Hamsterley Doctor’s Gate trail which is rather good.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Years since I did it, but I thought it was quite good fun.

ivantate
    Free Member

Its tough but its good to loop with cut gate.

Its not classic winding singletrack

BadlyWiredDog

It’s a nice run. If you want a loop with Cut Gate, you’re better off going over Jacob’s or the Roych, I think. Doctor’s Gate is kind of bitty with very little flow to it, plus the only legit way of getting to and from the top is a big chunk of the A57 Snake Pass, a nasty bit of road when busy.

I live five minutes or so from the bottom, and while I run it occasionally, I can’t remember the last time I bothered taking a bike up or down it.

To be fair, some people do seem to really like it and the location is lovely on a good day. The A57 is not lovely however.

crazy-legs

It’s very technical and not to everyone’s liking (I can prob ride about 75% max on a good day), there’s not a lot of flow but in good weather there are some fantastic views. Don’t do it when it’s been wet though, the bottom bit just turns into a marsh.
    It’s a nice finish to a long ride but I wouldn’t go out of my way to ride it specially. ONe of those trails that I probably do about once every 3 years and that’s enough for me!

spacehopper

its pretty technical and steep and in places a bit hike a bike unless you are a riding god..

i got dropped off at the top by the missus when i rode it.. i quite enjoyed the ride down but i wouldnt say it was really worth a big slog up to ride it.. another bit of trail ticked off the list but i wont be riding it again..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Doctor's Gate trail – is it worth the ride?’ is closed to new replies.