Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Doctors / gastro minded people
  • doratheexplorer
    Free Member

Mainly a purely out if interest post. I’ve been suffering / diagnosed with colitis for the past year or so. My diet is normally well managed via diet but I ate something (by accident) on my avoid food list. Within 10 minutes of eating it I sensed my stomach, shall we say, didn’t agree with it (I’m used to it). So…to save myself issues I decided the best way to alleviate the situation was to make myself sick. I haven’t eaten since 7pm yesterday til around 8pm tonight (no food all day apart from water) and I literally threw up nothing whilst consuming a reasonably good portion tonight. My question is – If the body is that hungry, does it literally destroy the food it eventually gets hence why I wasn’t able to get the bad food out. Thanks and hope I’ve kept the question not too groggy

deserter
    Free Member

While on the subject have you got any advice, my 12 year old son has ulcerative colitis and we have a hard time keeping him good as he can’t spot the signs himself, doctors just want to give him more asacol but we would like to get him drug free if poss, big worry though is not getting him on steroids as he enters his teen years so we have to be careful

doratheexplorer
    Free Member

I would investigate a low FODMAP diet – with medical advice! This is a good link for starters http://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/ but I am not in a position to give actual medical advice. I appreciate that your son does not have IBS but they are interlinked (as to what the stomach digests well) Certain food types e.g. onion and garlic may have a trigger. I must admit my colitis is much less of a worry (please excuse that term) as I only have microscopic colitis (same symptoms but no damage to the gut) but avoiding some foods (lactose, wheat, apple, legumes etc) has made a massive difference and I can actually eat foods and not suffer the consequences. I genuinely feel for your boy as it’s hard enough when (at 25) you are feeding yourself. I don’t trust anyone to cook for me

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deserter
    Free Member

thanks for the link I will have a look around at that, we live in Canada and the back up from the hospital hasn’t been much other than metering his meds

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Doctors / gastro minded people’ is closed to new replies.