Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Doctor Who – "Blink" – the best ever episode
  • tyger
    Free Member

I've just finished watching this story and it's whaaay too good for Doctor Who – scary, thrilling, moving and clever.

What's you favourite story?

I enjoyed "Fathers Day" also.

Stoner
    Free Member

are you 13?

😉

tyger
    Free Member

You've never watched them have you Stoner 🙂

nuke

I with tyger on this one…Blink is my favourite and stands out as one of the more memorable ones from the series

matthewjb
    Free Member

I watch Who with the kids (That's my excuse).

Blink was brilliant. A cut above the usual standard.

bassspine
    Free Member

Are you my mummy?

richmars

+1 for Blink.

Stoner
    Free Member

i accidentally landed on Who on BBC the other evening and some woman from corrie was going on about some animated blob of fat and the doctor and ms amibovvered were mouthing through door portholes at each other. I didnt stay.

😉

tyger
    Free Member

Get (borrow / rent) a copy of "Blink" – it'll knock your socks off 🙂

DaveGr
    Free Member

Steven Moffat wrote it along with some of the other excellent episodes. As he's taking over the lead writer and executive producer on the new series fingers crossed it should be getting better.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Totally agree, Blink was the best episode

Any coincidence that the title character wasn't in it much

kimbers

yup blink was a brilliant bit of horror writing

looking forward to moffat helming the good ship Who

Coyote
    Free Member

Stoner, that's one of the two worst episodes along with the Peter Kay travesty. "Blink", "The Empty Child / The Doctor Dances", "Silence in the Library / Forests of the Dead" and the "Impossible Planet / Satan Pit" are all well worth watching.

Stoner
    Free Member

the iplayer is borked at the moment, but if you say so, I shall dig them up from that dark holes of the tinternet and give them a try.

Its still not Morse though is it.

higgo
    Free Member
    CountZero

Well, no it's not Morse, but then, what is? Stupid comparison, totally different genres, aimed at totally different types of viewer. I appreciate both, but on different levels. I also enjoy Dollhouse, CSI, NCIS, Warehouse 13, Battlestar Galactica…
    It's quality of writing and acting that's important not the type of viewer a programme is supposedly aimed at.

Stoner
    Free Member

Well, no it's not Morse, but then, what is? Stupid comparison, totally different genres, aimed at totally different types of viewer

you shouldnt drink so much coffee this late at night. Youll never get off to sleep. 🙄

eth3er
    Free Member

I love Blink, such a well told story – also Carey Mulligan. 'The girl in the fireplace' another Moffat episode was also very good.

GrahamS

Blink terrified my missus, who admittedly doesn't do well with "scary stuff".

"Empty Child" is good too.

c_klein87

Definitely the best Dr.Who though he's barely in it. It won alot of awards I think

kelvin

Blink is a fantastic episode, head and shoulders above most TV, never mind most Dr Who episodes.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Empty Child is my fave , it still scares my Who mad son …….and me to be honest.

Blink though was good too.

Fed up though with the poxy cybermen episodes move on i say.

Harry_the_Spider

They had a "weeping angel" at the Dr Who exhibition at MSI in Manchester.

I couldn't sleep for a week.

I am 40 3/4 years old.

Onzadog
    Free Member

LOL @H_T_S, 40 3/4 years old

beamers

I still can't take my eye off a statue when I walk past one and I watched this episode well over a year ago!

Great stuff.

LabWormy

"The Empty Child" is retrospectively totally runined by introducing John Barrowman to the nation!

Kramer
    Free Member

I think it's great family viewing. I don't go out of my way to watch it, but quite enjoy it if it's on. It's good to know that another generation of children are having to hide behind the sofa…

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

+1 for blink, thought it was really good. shame its not one of the ones repeated more often unlike the "are you my mummy" one which is on all the time and i must have seen it about 10 times.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Blink is awsome beyond compare!

RustySpanner

Only one that scared me more was 'Planet of the Spiders', but I was 5 at the time.

Loving the new Dr Who – intelligent, funny family entertainment.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Doctor Who – "Blink" – the best ever episode’ is closed to new replies.