Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Doctor Who (may contain spoilers)
  • shermer75
    Free Member

That was another good’un. Really enjoying this series! 🙂

RustySpanner

Well, how good was that?

One of the best episodes I’ve seen in a long time.
    And what a set up….

Loved the ‘badass’ line, btw.

🙂

kelvin

Exciting.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    colournoise

Decent set up for the rest of the series, but is it just me becoming increasingly irritated by Moffat’s writing? Great ideas? but seems incapable of hanging a narrative together properly.

Lucas stole the show in tonight’s episode though. Clearly the part doesn’t really stretch him, but his performance is spot on.

SPOILER ALERT. Disappointed it wasn’t Simm in the priest’s robes on the executioners planet. Sounds like they asked Lucas to do a voice that could have been his?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tonight’s was rather good. Really good, actually.

colournoise

On another note. Flying Pickets on TOTP on BBC4. Look like nothing so much as a group of Dr Who tribute artists.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Enjoyed that one, just revisiting S1, at this point until I watch more Tucker/Eccleston are on top for me, would love to have seen Tucker doing the darker side so hopefully that comes back in this one. He has an arc to follow. Good fun watching the bad wolf story fall out

shermer75
    Free Member

Just caught up. Great episode, this is fast becoming my favourite series of the new bunch. Which is all of them really, as I remember almost nothing of the old stuff (other than Sylvester McCoy. For some miserable reason always Sylvester McCoy.)

RustySpanner

Well, what did everyone think of that then?

So much packed in recently I think I need to watch the last couple again.

Odd series, tbh, fun though.
    Loved the first half, seemed to go off a little before picking up again.
    So many good characters and possible storylines, almost seemed like they were up against time and desperate to shoehorn everything in.

Enjoyed it very much overall, tinged with the realisation that we’re dumping the best Dr for years just as he’s getting the hang of it.

Looking forward to Christmas.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’m glad the latest mate has been dumped too; she was irritating.

It’s a pity Michelle Gomez has been cast in the series, she’s proved she would be brilliant in the title role.

teasel
    Free Member

Liked the jelly baby bit.

Not sure on the new/old Doctor – hope there’s more to it than first appears and TBH I was hoping for a female conversion this time.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Female agenda was all over it. Plenty of hints. We’re getting a female Who I’m sure. I doubt the show will last another season though with a female Doctor and Chibnall running it, but just my opinion.

First Doc in xmas episode was announced a while back. David Bradley did a great job in the docudrama “An Adventure in Space and Time”, although arguably he was great at portraying William Hartnell the actor. How he’ll work as The Doctor is to be seen. It won’t be anything like Hartnell’s Doctor though, but if you can see past that it should be enjoyable. Not sure on dragging out the regeneration over such a long time. Was bad enough with Tennant’s long goodbye before he regenerated.

teasel
    Free Member

First Doc in xmas episode was announced a while back.

Must’ve missed that.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Well, announced maybe not the right word. Rumoured, and then Radio Times did a piece on it, effectively confirming it. Wish I hadn’t read it really as would have been a bigger surprise, although I didn’t expect him to be in the end of this episode though.

teasel
    Free Member

Wish I hadn’t read it really as would have been a bigger surprise

Heh

I intentionally avoided the Next Week stuff at the end of the penultimate episode so as to avoid any possible spoilers.

Earl
    Free Member

Missy – best character on there I reckon.

And brilliant acting by Michelle Gomez.

colournoise

New doctor announced on Sunday after the tennis…

RustySpanner

Danny Dyer and Miranda Hart currently at 33/1.
    🙂

Cougar

New doctor announced on Sunday after the tennis…

Ooh. Source?

We’re getting a female Who I’m sure.

Famous last words but I very much doubt it, simply because of Missy. If they hadn’t done that then I’d agree, but gender-swapping the Master and the Doctor on the bounce seems unlikely. The next Doctor, maybe.

colournoise

Cougar – Moderator
    Ooh. Source?

Trailer on BBC1, so fairly reliable I imagine…

deadkenny
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator 
    Famous last words but I very much doubt it, simply because of Missy. If they hadn’t done that then I’d agree, but gender-swapping the Master and the Doctor on the bounce seems unlikely. The next Doctor, maybe.

On the other hand having had female villain and male hero, it might make sense to swap both so still a gender mix.

But I was thinking that if the reveal was going to be held back for the episode for a change (would be a first), then they’d definitely be going for the shock reveal of a woman. Revealing it now then I think it’s less likely.

Though chances of holding it out until Christmas is just about absolutely zero. Only if they haven’t shot anything of the regeneration until the day before (or even do it live!) could they just about manage it.

colournoise

Hope the bookies are wrong. Can’t see him having the darker side to pull the role off.

Cougar

Hope the bookies are wrong. Can’t see him having the darker side to pull the role off.

… which is where Matt Smith fell down in my eyes.

Though I’ll shove this out there – the next Peter Davison maybe? No darkness but could have gravitas when required.

RustySpanner

😯

Al Pacino!?!?

How the hell did they pull that one off?
    Bit of a coup for the BBC…..

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I liked Capaldi – gone too soon IMHO,

He seemed to be just getting better & better.

sirromj

Yes was some good episodes in this series.

CountZero

Aaaaaaaaand the next a Doctor is going to be a woman!
    Jodie Whittaker from Broadchurch.
    Yaaay, this should make things interesting. 😀

jon1973
    Free Member

The woman from Broadchurch.

Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Doctor Who (may contain spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.