Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Doblo owners – how are you getting on with yours?
  • RustySpanner

Coming up to 100,000 miles on ours now.
    58, bought in 2010 at 20,000.

It’s had a hard life – lots of short work journeys on rough tracks, lots of fully loaded miles too.

So far, it’s had:
    2 sets of front discs and pads.
    8 tyres.
    Both front wishbones.
    Radiator.
    Needs a new exhaust and possibly a cat.
    Passenger window doesn’t work.
    Interior slowly disintegrating.

Worst was a new set of injectors.
    It had one replaced under warranty at 27,000 and it went off again shortly after.
    I reckon it must have been filled and run with petrol at some point, but they seem to be a consumable item.

Apart from that, it’s fine.
    🙂

Love it to bits, practical and surprisingly fun to drive.
    I’d have another, but there’s no rust, most things have been done and I’m used to the smell.

How’s yours?

cranberry
    Free Member

Trigger’s broom ?

Familiar as a former, as of yesterday 🙁 , Defender owner.

geoffj

Petrol 13 plate here with 35k on the clock.
    Under powered and odd driving position – reminds me of my old 110.
    Superbly practical though and embarrassing for the 13 year old lad to be seen in, so it’s a win from me.
    My daily driver is a BMW though, not sure I’d want to do my 90 mile round trip commute in it every day.
    Mrs J tolerates it when she can’t cycle to work.

connect2

Mine’s a ’57 1.9 JTD with 170,000 miles. I think it’s great, pretty nippy for a diesel. Just had the clutch done but it’s an ex-taxi so not complaining considering the amount of miles. Normally run with back seats out for bike carrying duties but even with the seats in I can hold a bike and enough luggage for a family of 4 for a fortnight in the ‘boot’

The only thing I hate is the accelerator pedal, it sits very high and it’s just about impossible to get my right foot comfy

pigyn
    Free Member

Taken a 58 plate from 23,000 to 110,000 and last week dropped it off with we buy any car for a mighty £350. It was great, never left us stranded but had repeated glow plug issues that were eventually solved. I think we did injectors as well. Various bits of exhaust changed. Good mpg and nice to drive in the multijet diesel version we had. Hit a deer a few years ago then drove into a bollard, writing off a door/more. Combined with 7 years of bike transport, rough roads, trail centre carparks…

avdave2

Had my 54 1.9 for 10 years now. Love it enough to have just spent a fair amount on it to get it through it’s MOT and it’s annual service. I think the only non routine replacement has been the Cat.

I always think of the Doblo as the car no one wants and everyone needs

kayla1
    Free Member

Ours is great. There’s a teeny bit of rust appearing on the driver’s side sliding door but apart from that it’s in pretty good shape. It’s recently cost us £300 (four new tyres, oil and filters, starter motor) but that’s just running costs and it’s still cheaper and much less of a PITA than looking for something to replace it with. If it needs stuff doing we just get it done- bung it in the local indie and pick it up later the same day usually- they get business and we get a working car back.

It’s a 54 1.9 and we’ll have had it for a couple of years in August. Cheap to buy, insure and run and terminally uncool and therefore undesirable to chavs- what’s not to like?

Confucius say “Person with cheapest car have right of way…” 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Doblo owners – how are you getting on with yours?’ is closed to new replies.