Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Do your stem and bars match ?
  • renton
    Free Member

As title really.

Are your stem and bars made by the same brand or our your not bothered.

If so what do you have.

racefaceec90

yes both my bars and stem are ritchey wcs.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yes they do, but not intentionally. Easton carbon bars and used to have Thomson stem but swapped for a shorter haven stem.

northernmatt

On the mtb no. On the CX yes but only because it’s the stock Pinnacle own brand stuff.

njee20
    Free Member

Road bike yes, MTB no, but stem and post match, and handlebar manufacturer don’t make stems or posts.

I would match them on the road, less bothered on the MTB.

renton
    Free Member

I guess it’s a personal thing.

I’ve got some raceface bars but don’t want the matching stem as apparently it has a habit of cracking.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Nope, on either commuter or MTB.

Don’t like the look of the bar makers MTB stem and the commuter has bullhorns and the stem maker doesn’t do any although tbh in either case don’t think I’d be that bothered I just get what works, such as the bullhorns, just never got on with drops.

unovolo
    Free Member

There both black if that counts but no, Bars are Ritchey WCS trail and stem is a lightweight Uno stem with the branding removed with some thinners.

cynic-al
    Free Member

No, never even considered it.

Why would you?

mattbee

No, but Renthal gold bars with Thomson stem kinda matches my Thomson dropper colour wise…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Pro stem and FSA bars, Deda stem and FSA bars, on the two road bikes.

Haven bars and stem on the trail mtb. Mt Zoom bars and Easton stem on the XC.

So mostly no 🙂

renton
    Free Member

OCD innit.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I didn’t even know it was a thing.

Nope.

akira

Black straitline stem and tweed answer bars, so no. Both ritchey on the road bike though.

kcal

don’t think it’s OCD – does your seatpost match as well?

more depends on form of bars, length of stem; functionality, and price to some extent.

Don’t match – I think – on any of my bikes.

stevied
    Free Member

Nope. Thomson stem, Reverse Components carbon bars (both black tho)

SamB
    Free Member

Yep, black Eastons on the MTB, black/blue 3T on the roadie.

I do have a non-matching Thomson / TriRig stem/bar combo for my TT setup and it does trigger the OCD a little 😯

lunge

Deda stem, bars and post on roadie 1.
    Hope stem, Easton bars and PX post on roadie 2.
    PX stem, bats and post in commuter (oe stuff).
    Hope stem, NukeProof bars and Thomson post on MTB.

So yes and no.

jimw
    Free Member

Yes, but I’m the same as Onzadog, had Thomson stems but changed to havens as a cost effective way to change the length, not to match. I like the shape of Haven/havoc bars so have those on my bikes.

TheFlyingOx

Hussefelt stem, Spank bars on the big MTB. Used to be Ritchey stem and bars, but wanted to try a shorter/longer combo. Just went with the cheapest I could find.
    Pronghorn stem and bars on the XC bike.
    3T stem and bars on the road bike, but different model line.

nuke

Not intentionally but yes…Thomson stem then picked up one of their nice carbon bars when they were reduced on CRC

coogan
    Free Member

Both Thomson. Not because they HAD to be the same, just want both Thomson. If that makes sense.

hatter

Yes on the trail bike, Gamut 50mm CILLOS stem and trail bars. Nice and subtle, complement each other nicely.

Not on the 29er, Thomson stem but haven’t managed to quite justify that mega bucks Thomson 11 degree Ti flat bar yet.

One day, one day.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yup.

Easton EC70 bars & post with EA70 stem on the MTB.

Giant Connect SL all round on the carbon roadie bar the carbon ISP.

Genesis own brand all matching on the steel roadie.

It’s just got to be done.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Pretty Much!

Easton EC70,EA70 and Haven Bars on one, Easton Haven Stem, Havoc bars on another and finally Raceface Ride stem and Evolve bars on another.

ratadog

Don’t know. Not intentionally and cannot immediately check. Mixture of Easton, On One, Ritchey, Ragley and Truvativ and thinking about it probably one bike with OnOne stem and Mary bars.

ratadog

Not that worried about it.

eulach

Oh yes. I had to buy two Haven stems, one black & mag the other mag & black so I could colour match the lot.

matt_outandabout

Nope. But then I have red grips on a blue bike. 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes. They are both the cheapest on CRC.

everyone
    Free Member

Yep. Definitely on race bike and sort of on singlespeed.

Race bike:
    Frame, bars, stem and seatpost are all Ritchey. Finishing kit is all WCS stuff (either wet black or carbon)

Singlespeed:
    Stem and seatpost are both KCNC. Bars used to be KCNC as well until I went wider and carbon (now kinesis, great bars BTW)

I did it because I’m a massive tart and they’re my bikes!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yup, on 2/3 bikes.

Road bike has ritchey WCS because i like the bars and the stem was pretty much the lightest available.

Fatty, came with on one kit, but now has white and orange on one bars for even more matching.

SS lets the side down with thompson bar and post but easton bars.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Yep, Thomson 70mm stem and Thomson Carbon Trail bars on my new Sherpa.

darrenspink
    Free Member

I can’t, love my Hope dh stem but they don’t make bars so I have a plain black nukeproof one at the moment.

honourablegeorge

Renthal stem and Easton bar

Easton stem and Enve bar

Renthal bar and Syntace stem

I suppose I could swap around.

nickc

Don’t care on the mountain bike; Reverb Hope and Renthal, but all match on the roadie; all Deda, all from same range as well and wouldn’t entertain the idea of anything else.

scotroutes

Nope. There’s no logic to the argument that the folk that make the best stems necessarily make the best bars (or seatposts – see Thomson).

benp1

Mtb yes, Thomson for both (but carbon bars)

Cross bike, yes

Pub/hack bike, no

alpineharry
    Free Member

Ish, black commencal stem with burgec bars, both black but the yellow on the bars seems to match the rest of the bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Do your stem and bars match ?’ is closed to new replies.