Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Do youngsters care about music anymore?
  • Trekster

jeffspot – Member
    culture in question.
    when I was 5, my father taught me to play the piano, at 10, I knew a couple of guitar chords, we always went to the Philharmonic concerts. Concerts. Now the children are brought up only the Internet but this is not enough. Culture should be.

Coming from a family of farm workers in the `50s I and others did not have such priveledges 😉

RichPenny
    Free Member

Clearly there’s more choices for entertainment these days. I would say this balances well with the increased availability of music. Like others on here, I do worry that the quick, cheap and easy access to music puts something tangible at risk. But if it stops people listening to Yes albums, there is always a positive side 😉

There will always be that core of people who will be lifelong music fans. If you look at the number of Sonos threads on here, there is still a big interest in hi-fi, just with more focus on the streaming and multiroom aspects. My expectation, as someone working in audio for a few decades, is that lots will invest in better hi-fi as they get older.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Do youngsters care about music anymore?’ is closed to new replies.