• This topic has 62 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Euro.
Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Do you wear your pyjamas to school?
  • leegee

Someone I know has a daughter who teaches on the Isle of Sheppey, Kids turn up in to school in pj’s over there apparently.

On an overnight ferry there was a woman in the bar in nightie, dressing gown and slippers. Classy

jamj1974

I don’t and wouldn’t. However what other people dress in is not my business. Strangely, it’s not the headteacher a business either – unless it’s indecent and on school property. I heard this yesterday on Radio 4 and was gobsmacked that the headteacher considers writing a letter to parents, reasonable and appropriate. She couldn’t speak correctly either.

Totally idiotic.

stany
    Free Member

A lady on my dog walking loop once commented to the wife that she wouldn’t dare set foot in Waitrose without doing her hair first.
    Sainsbury’s, or (lets whisper it) Lidl, were fine, but one has to keep up appearances for the Harrods of Dorking!

miketually
    Free Member

I’m glad my home town is making national news over this.

binners

I used to work in one of the north wests more salubrious towns – one of those many Lancs ones that begin with a B.

Outside they had one of those roadside butty vans. In the morning it wasn’t unusual to spot, amongst the hi-vis tabards and oily overalls, a selection of pink dressing gowns, big furry slippers and PJ’s, belonging to the women from the caaaaarncil estate across the road. They’d wander over, get their bacon butties and head back to watch Jeremy Kyle.

I suppose that when you’ve such a busy schedule, you haven’t time to be cooking your own bacon butties. Or indeed getting dressed

gonzy
    Free Member

i dont wear pyjamas….i sleep in my clothes to be more efficient in the morning! 😛

soobalias
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    There’s a mum that turns up with her 2 kids at my wee ones swimming lesson on Saturday morning at 10, and the 3 of them have onesies on. Total minger.

post #3
    wearing pj’s to drop the kids off at the pool.
    standards are slipping.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ouldn’t you be tempted to turn up pick your kids up like this though, just to embarrass them:

I own a very similar onesie.

I’m nearly 30 and have no kids 🙂

I’m glad my home town is making national news over this.

Makes a change from the usual goings on in Stockton I suppose!

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Those who turn up in immaculate looking gym kit in the afternoon, just to give the impression they do more than drink wine and watch daytime telly all day also make me laugh.

^^yep.

There’s a group of three ladies at our school who drive in their >1 year old 4x4s, lift £4k road bikes off the back, drink coffee for an hour or two at the school’s coffee shop and then head off for a ride. I’ve followed them on Strava and, well, their rides are usually less than 10km at a 7km/hour average!

Slightly OT, but I remember being about 17 and my Mum picking me and a couple of friends up from the pub at 1am in her PJs and dressing gown. I was mortified! Looking back, I should have been so grateful that she’d go to bed and get up again to make sure her favourite* son got back home safely.

*a distinction each of my brothers claim as their own!

binners

😀

Stoner
    Free Member

salubrious

😉

Onamatapoeically, it probably should though…

unovolo
    Free Member

Get yourself round to the One stop shop in Hattersley, regular occurrence seeing the local dole scum heading in there in their PJ’s and Onesies.
    Some don’t even bother putting shoes on as the whole process delays them collecting their benefits from the in store PostOffice.
    Giro cashed straight round the corner to but 20 fags and a couple of scratchcards.

Gary_C

I used to work in one of the north wests more salubrious towns – one of those many Lancs ones that begin with a B.

Ooh! Blackburn, or Bonleh? (AKA Inbred Dingle bastard town)

mattsccm
    Free Member

Being a supply teacher I work in many primary schools. I wish that quite a few of the teachers I know would wear their jimmy jams to school 😆
    Especially those that are just tiny shorts and…….
    Off to wash my mind out.

Well some one had to change the images that these posts are putting into our minds.

Flaperon

Get yourself round to the One stop shop in Hattersley, regular occurrence seeing the local dole scum heading in there in their PJ’s and Onesies.

You know, if you’ve never suffered the embarrassment and miserly of being on the dole you’d have no idea just how offensive that comment is. And they might not be on the dole – night shifts? I invariably work weekends which means I have time off during the week.

Do you look down on everyone else? No doubt in your mind anyone black is a criminal…

Cougar

That’s surely Burnley.

I’ve followed them on Strava and, well, their rides are usually less than 10km at a 7km/hour average!

OH THE HUMANITY!!

That’s still 10km more than the vast majority manage (and I doubt they care much about Strava times). Good on ’em.

Cougar

You know, if you’ve never suffered the embarrassment and miserly of being on the dole you’d have no idea just how offensive that comment is.

There are people on the Dole, and there are people on the Dole. Some are desperate for a job, some are career benefitters. Can’t really generalise either way.

Do you look down on everyone else? No doubt in your mind anyone black is a criminal…

That’s a leap.

konabunny
    Free Member

There’s a group of three ladies at our school who drive in their >1 year old 4x4s, lift £4k road bikes off the back, drink coffee for an hour or two at the school’s coffee shop and then head off for a ride. I’ve followed them on Strava and, well, their rides are usually less than 10km at a 7km/hour

#stalker

unovolo
    Free Member

You know, if you’ve never suffered the embarrassment and miserly of being on the dole you’d have no idea just how offensive that comment is.

I have been on the dole ,possibly one of the most soul destroying periods of my life but SOME people are professionals at it and are proud that they don’t work.

There are even members in my own family that are like this so have first hand experience of them.
    What’s a persons colour got to do with it anyway for all you know I could be black?

Flaperon

See, it’s not nice when people randomly generalise about shit they know nothing about.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

You know, if you’ve never suffered the embarrassment and miserly of being on the dole you’d have no idea just how offensive that comment is. And they might not be on the dole – night shifts? I invariably work weekends which means I have time off during the week.

If they are night shift would they not then visit the shops on the way home, before having put on their pj’s or onesies ?

There could be a link here between them being on the dole and them being too bloody lazy to put any clothes on to go down to the shop.

Just a thought.

Euro
    Free Member

I too look down on people who do not conform to my idea of acceptable. Good work STW.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Do you wear your pyjamas to school?’ is closed to new replies.