• This topic has 62 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Euro.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Do you wear your pyjamas to school?
  • aracer
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-35413153

I can cope with the idea of wearing pyjamas to drop kids off (I’m not aware of anybody doing that at our school, and I walk or ride on the school run, so it certainly wouldn’t work for me). I can even just about imagine somebody wearing PJs to a school performance if it’s in the morning. But parents’ evening? WTF – do people spend all day in their jim-jams?

5thElefant
    Free Member

I bet it’s not the yummy ones

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There’s a mum that turns up with her 2 kids at my wee ones swimming lesson on Saturday morning at 10, and the 3 of them have onesies on. Total minger.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Unbelievable! At least put a dressing gown on.

chickenman

Yup Nobeer, reckon the Headie’s getting confused with onesies…

thecaptain
    Free Member

I wear my PJs to work some days 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

I was at the ISPO trade fair in Munich lady week…. (trendy “outdoor” fair)

There were a large number of people wearing what looked like pyjama bottoms… Loose and baggy with the crotch down by their knees.

I sneared at them when they weren’t looking….

stox
    Free Member

they drop the kids off then go shopping in Asda … Seen it many times.

iainc

neighbour had a near miss in the snow in her xdrive X1 last winter on way to school to drop her kids and our eldest, who was highly amused when she had to get out and speak to the other driver…..in her onesy and wellies 🙂

GrahamS

Yup Nobeer, reckon the Headie’s getting confused with onesies…

Like turning up to a parent’s evening in a onesie would somehow be an improvement over pyjamas 😆

bearnecessities

Is there any pulp that the media won’t turn into a ‘story’?!

Edit: Clearly not. Check out the “breaking” news.

Stop the world, I want to get off.

Drac

they drop the kids off then go shopping in Asda … Seen it many times

This.

chickenman

Graham, I’m sure the teacher will already have formed his/her own opinion about Chantelle/Savana/Kylie’s parent(s) even without the onesies/pyjamas!

chip
    Free Member

I regularly see them pull up at my local shops, jump out of their cars to do a bit of shopping.
    They normally set off their whole pyjama chic with huge slippers with faces.

God knows how they drive.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I despise the school gate. I also hate the opposite end of the pj wearing parents that are the women who’ve been up since 5 putting on enough make up to be in the wag brigade.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Thrash them with dead eels………..

dknwhy

I feel like I’ve failed as a human being if I leave the house in tracksuit bottoms 😆

Wookster

Nope…I always dress…… 😯

Riksbar

The school in question used to make up part of the intake at my secondary school. I am not at all surprised.

Flaperon

Provided they’re not tramping around Asda afterward in bare feet I don’t honestly care and am a bit surprised that so many people do care.

What business is it of yours what someone else wears? I can’t see why someone would wear PJs to a parents’ evening but if they want to that’s their choice. Given the choice I’d prefer to see someone in a onesie in Asda than the traditional summer crowd of fat, sweaty, middle-aged men going topless in the veg aisle.

Pyjamas / onesie / tracksuit – are they hurting you? No. Are they setting a bad example to their kids? Possibly. It’s not your problem.

scotroutes

I don’t even wear pyjamas to bed!

thegreatape
    Free Member

If I’m in a set of shifts that justify going back to bed after I’ve walked them up to school then I will put my waterproofs (trousers and jacket) on over my pyjamas to go up. But not on display, and not slippers. I do quite often take a mug of tea to drink as I walk though, but I don’t think that makes me Kyle fodder.

ninfan
    Free Member

Wouldn’t you be tempted to turn up pick your kids up like this though, just to embarrass them:

djglover
    Free Member

Grew up in Darlington. Skerne Park was one of the main deprived areas. No surprise..

I get pissed off with my wife for not getting ready before the kids when she works from home for the same reason, just sets a bad example.

pondo

Pyjamas / onesie / tracksuit – are they hurting you? No. Are they setting a bad example to their kids? Possibly. It’s not your problem.

Well now, whilst I tentatively agree with your first supposition and agree that no-one gets hurt, I must vigorously disagree with your second and say that it is beyond a doubt setting a bad example. Given that teaching depends to a far larger degree on parental responsibility than most parents (especially the PJ wearers) appreciate, I’d suggest that it is your problem.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

And makes you look like a lazy, smelly bastard.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I feel ashamed answering the front door in my pyjamas if I’ve had a “lazy morning”. The mind boggles.

MoreCashThanDash

Given that teaching depends to a far larger degree on parental responsibility than most parents (especially the PJ wearers) appreciate, I’d suggest that it is will be your problem when these kids leave school with poor grades, expectations, attitudes and propects.

Just to reinforce the point.

bigyinn
    Free Member

@ Flaperon, I couldnt care less really about these idiots, but it shows that those who dont bother to get dressed really dont give a hoot about school. Its a respect thing.
    Whilst I dont see the point of mums caking themselves in makeup for the school run either, at least they make an effort, a wasted effort, but an effort none the less.

MoreCashThanDash

a wasted effort

Some of us appreciate their efforts – and some of them may be off to work after the school run. In the Boots cosmetics department from the look of some of them.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

It’s the latest import from the U S of A. We’re just a bit behind…

[video]https://youtu.be/TPi9HYODBjc[/video]

freeagent
    Free Member

I don’t see many (if any) Mums dropping kids off at my daughters school in their PJs, but there are a fair few who’ve obviously been up for hours as their hair/make-up is immaculate at 8.30 in the morning.

Those who turn up in immaculate looking gym kit in the afternoon, just to give the impression they do more than drink wine and watch daytime telly all day also make me laugh.

GrahamS

If they set a bad example to their kids then they set a bad example to my kids too.

If their kids act up in class then my kids get disrupted.

nealglover
    Free Member

Provided they’re not tramping around Asda afterward in bare feet I don’t honestly care and am a bit surprised that so many people do care.
    What business is it of yours what someone else wears? I can’t see why someone would wear PJs to a parents’ evening but if they want to that’s their choice.

Given the choice I’d prefer to see someone in a onesie in Asda than the traditional summer crowd of fat, sweaty, middle-aged men going topless in the veg aisle.

So your surprised at people caring what other people wear, while simultaneously making a point about caring what other people wear yourself.

It’s a confusing point to make, but at least you’re honest 😉

slowoldman

I don’t wear pyjamas in bed, let alone outside.

Get dressed you lazy, scruffy !£”$!%%!*

gilmore
    Free Member

Of course i wear pajamas to school. I’ve been doing it for years. It makes me happy and it’s so comfortable. Saves me time in the morning too

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

What are pyjamas?…

I think the head is right to set dresss and behaviour expectations for parents and hopefully the parents will then set expectations for their kids.

Flaperon

So your surprised at people caring what other people wear, while simultaneously making a point about caring what other people wear yourself.

Yeah, but that’s different… lady in pyjamas rarely pongs of BO or drips bodily fluids in the aisle 😉

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

The only person who can pull it off..

gummikuh

In my last job used to work nights, always a pain when someone rang the door bell and Id have to answer in my PJ’s, especially after midday, I use to get some odd looks from delivery drivers, I couldn’t care less.
    One of the mums use to drop the kids off in her dressing gown, but she was eccentric, but I found her strangely interesting compared to all the other mums, she would have been fun and a bit scary at the same time, I used to try and think of it as a smoking jacket!
    But I used to drop my kids off riding my BMX, so maybe they thought the same of me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Do you wear your pyjamas to school?’ is closed to new replies.