Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • do you use a GPS?? dartmoor advice plz
  • ollie151
    Free Member

ive recently moved to the dartmoor area and im interested in what local riders use to navigate round the moor.

fancy gps technology?

an OS map?

any particularly good books on riding in the area?

any MTB groups?
    cheers

xc-steve
    Free Member

where abouts? I’m plymouth based, so have access to South West Moors give us an email and I’ll ping you some routs if thats suitable?

Stephen(at)Hodgemail.co.uk

Oh and yogi’s do a fair amount of miles over the moors… but as with most clubs they’re not everyone’s cup of tea depends if your fast enough 😆

singletracksurfer

2 books with loads of good routes and you get the gpx files with ’em too

bigger one..
    http://www.roughrideguide.co.uk/Mountain-bike-rides-to-the-South-West-A4-size.html

smaller one…
    http://www.roughrideguide.co.uk/In-around-Dartmoor-Exmoor-A5-size.html

eviljoe
    Free Member

Hi Ollie,

Gpsies is your friend:

GPSIES LINK

Lots of gps routes on there for Dartmoor. I strap my phone to the bars and use oruxmaps app.

I’m north east, so ride Lustleigh and Castle Drogo, but lots to choose from. tiggerUNDERSCOREjoeAThotmailDOTcom if you want any other routes, or a guide sometime.

Cheers

Joe

crispybacon
    Free Member

Ollie

OS map OL28 for Dartmoor is your friend, plenty of BW routes marked on there for you to follow.

If you want help or a guide post up on here as I’m sure a local STWer will be willing to help out.

I’ve got some GPX routes for Dartmoor – Princetown/Burrator – as the guys above if you want me to bat some on drop me an email – addy in profile.

ontor
    Free Member

Happy to show you around sometime. where have you moved to?

email in profile.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘do you use a GPS?? dartmoor advice plz’ is closed to new replies.