Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Do you trust your own workmanship? (Car content)
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

But I always turn my back when switching on a lightbulb I've just changed.

We've got an electric race car at work, ~160V @ 400-1000A. I had to remove the energy monitor (which is connected in the the main HV circuit) in front of a race scrutineers a couple of weeks back. I'm not 100% (more like 50%) familiar with the wiring, so although being 99% certain I'd isolated the battery, the joy of not being electrocuted when I first touched the spanner on the HV feed was immense 🙂

spooky_b329

not sure why they undone it, i have never undone the top hose or bottom hose to change a cambelt… and ive been changing them everyday for 6 years sounds like they were lost!

Coolant hoses came off for my Iveco Dailys cambelt, I know cos they split the hose and it was pissing everywhere when I drove home. Luckily I was able to slice off 30mm of hose and reclamp it. Daily engine is longitudinal rather than transverse which means the rad is in front of the cambelt.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Nice Rolls mcmoonte!

Yes I trust myself from experience in electronics and engineering building cars with the old man etc but now life is hectic not sure I would to get my hands dirty except on the bike.

Did my timing belt 60K ago and it took a few hrs but would rather pay to have it done unless I was 'skint stoodant innit'
    Problem solving is fun and you see the engineering logic to designs and solve issues or improve it.

To save money on short simple tasks yes but changing engines or new head etc done that and wasted a week of my life but I was skint at the time.
    I still do my own servicing as some local garages don't even use the correct oil as they buy in bulk one does all…

Won't let LBS touch my bike though!

Just don't do something beyond your skill and break something and kick yourself! unless you have time/spare car and some decent mates!

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Do you trust your own workmanship? (Car content)’ is closed to new replies.