Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Do you think this is a scam of some kind ? Chinese domains
  • redthunder
    Free Member

My mate has this site http://www.britisharmedforces.org/

He just got this email (below). Makes me nervous for some reason. Why would a chinese outfit want a domain with britisharmedforces in it ?

Thoughts. Should he respond, ignore report to the Army etc.

Rt

===
    Subj: Fw: Notice of Intellectual Property-Trademark Name

Dear Manager:

We are a Network Service Company which is the domain name registration center in Anhui, China. On December,7th,2010, We received QUNDI Company’s application that they are registering the name “britisharmedforces” as their Internet Trademark and “britisharmedforces.cn”,”britisharmedforces.com.cn” ,”britisharmedforces.asia”domain names etc.,It is China and ASIA domain names.But after auditing we found the brand name been used by your company. As the domain name registrar in China, it is our duty to notice you, so I am sending you this Email to check.According to the principle in China,your company is the owner of the trademark,In our auditing time we can keep the domain names safe for you firstly, but our audit period is limited, if you object the third party application these domain names and need to protect the brand in china and Asia by yourself, please let the responsible officer contact us as soon as possible. Thank you!

Kind regards

Angela Zhang
    Anhui Office (Head Office)
    Room 1008 Shenhui Building
    Haitian Road, Huli Anhui, China
    Office: +86 0553 4994789
    Fax: +86 0553 4994789
    web: rg-net.org
    web: http://www.rg-net.org

===

7hz
    Free Member

It’s a scam to get him to buy those domain names.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

scam 100%

martymac

what they said^^^

redthunder
    Free Member

Ta

Thought so. Just needed the hand held a bit.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

I had exactly the same thing for a small business and domain name that I own.
    Like you, I was fairly sure it was a scam but not 100% so I emailed them and actually entered into a bit of correspondence regarding it. it soon became even more glaringly obvious that it was a scam.

I did nothing and sure enough if you check now no other, similar, domains have been registered.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Another scam

luked2
    Free Member

Praveen, you get full marks for chutzpah. But I’m afraid I’ve reported you to the authorities.

cozz
    Free Member

i had the same exactly

deleted it

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Do you think this is a scam of some kind ? Chinese domains’ is closed to new replies.