• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years ago by chip.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Do you tell lies.
  • trailofdestruction
    Free Member

“Camp Freddy, everybody in the world is bent.”

colonelwax
    Free Member

Non-liars, especially the “I never lie” ones, how do you function in day-to-day life?

Genuine question BTW, as I’d say not being 100% truthful is fairly essential for normal social interaction and politeness, someone asks how you are, you say fine even if you’ve got the bad Aids or whatever?

footflaps

Genuine question BTW, as I’d say not being 100% truthful is fairly essential for normal social interaction and politeness, someone asks how you are, you say fine even if you’ve got the bad Aids or whatever?

Really?

You need to work with more autistic engineers, they just tell you the bad Aids is bad today….

Every morning I say ‘Hi Roger, how are you?’ to which he replies ‘Well my mother died last year, my father died 2 weeks ago and I’ve got heart disease, so I’ll probably die soon’.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cookeaa

I never lie, I contort the truth to achieve the best outcome possible…

so do any of you above who answeered ‘no’ tell your kids that santa claus exists? (genuinely interested to know how non-liars deal with this issue)

Of course Santa exists, at least as a concept, Nothing wrong with a bit of bastardised mythology…

chiefgrooveguru

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Given the lying to children question, I think I need to reword my answer from earlier: I never lie for personal gain. Continuing the Santa myth or making up fantasy worlds (love the battle station moon) is just storytelling, it’s good indulge developing minds in fantastic ideas.

There’s no need to lie in social interactions, just as there’s no need to go into every detail about whatever ails you. I’d rather someone gave an honest answer rather than the standard “very well, You?”, “not bad” or “mustn’t grumble”. Those answers just feel like shorthand for “I’m not really interested in you or what you have to say”.

The key is knowing when to stop with the detail, by opening yourself up just little bit you tend to find that it often develops into a proper conversation between two people rather than a social nicety between strangers.

And another question. Do any of the non liars ever feel a bit of a mug when you see other people gain through their lies?

lunge

Do I lie? I work in recruitment, of course I do…

Do I lie away from work? Yes, I do that as well.

edward2000
    Free Member

I’m lying now

hammyuk
    Free Member

Of course….

yunki
    Free Member

Not willingly..

When I was younger I had the gift of the gab and was a very convincing liar which made it incredibly easy to manipulate situations to my advantage and was a lot of fun, but something changed along the way and I now become very uncomfortable when I have to lie, which is very occasionally unavoidable..

As a general rule I believe that honesty is the best policy, for me it’s about having nothing to hide – the truth will set you free

footflaps

the truth will set you free

I thought it was supposed to be work will set you free…

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Do you tell lies.’ is closed to new replies.