Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Do you put anything back in to mountain biking ?
  • Mugboo

Mr Barnes i share your love of natural riding but if you have ever ventured off the BW's on or around the Bingley Bash then you have surely felt the benefit of my trail maintenance.

I'm not looking for thanks, i work a lot locally cos i'm walking the dog anyways and alot of the time i might only have a spare hour to ride so the more choice i have, the less bored i get…even natural stuff needs a little help every now and again…When your next over this way i might be able to show you a new line or two.

Samuri, working on the basis that after 5 yrs with SingletrAction i've never met a cock then i must be it! :mrgreen:

Crell
    Free Member

“clearly inappropriate, ….. and have no place on this thread.

Goodbye, spammer.

Edit..that was efficient spam removal!

kaesae
    Free Member

I help people service their frames and sort out various problems for free, I also help out all my mates to keep their bikes running. I used to run a bike club one of the first in Edinburgh.

We got the local housing association involved and they donated a storage area that became a Meeting HQ with a workshop in it. I also helped get funding for the tools, bike stands and safety equipment. Including very funky, bright yellow waste coats, which I hated wearing. However you can’t make the kids wear them if you don’t.

The clubs still running as far as I know.

Just now I’m a bit busy but in a few months when things settle down, I’m going to build some extra bikes and take people out biking. Try and get them into it, my sister has a agreed, if a bit reluctantly to give MTBing a go!

I’m also planning on taking my nieces and nephews out for day trips, due to a back injury I haven’t seen much of them growing up, have to see if I can’t change that!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Mr Barnes i share your love of natural riding but if you have ever ventured off the BW’s on or around the Bingley Bash then you have surely felt the benefit of my trail maintenance.

well, yes, and thankyou kindly 🙂 Do us a favour and run off with the remains of the gate at the bottom of Altar Lane as the old bloke shouts at us when we try to climb over it 🙂

kaesae
    Free Member

Simon any chance you could do a thread dedicated to lycra clad MTB hotties? from your ownphoto’s of course. The sweatier the better.

Let the good times roll! either that or an underwear thread, YEEEHAAA!!!!!

Trekster

yes.
    Had a meeting to discuss a community project in the little wood across the road from me.
    Project completed earlier this year, took a year of discusssion etc but got there in the end. 3/4ml trail for all ages, shapes and sizes 😆
    Although designed and built by FE Stanes crew it is and will never be a Stane

Thanks all.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Do you know what I love about MTB – if we’re lucky enough we can not only enjoy the multitude of bridleways etc but we can also build our own trails how we want them to be and ride. 🙂

Nothing like having a vision and seeing it happen 🙂

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I used to be heavily involved in a local MTB club, even helped to keep it going when there was a low point of 4 regular members. Moved on when the new blood thought they were gods gift and had rescued the club “off its arse”, which I suppose they had, but in reality promotion at work & family meant much less time for buggering off every other sunday.

Would be prepared to put something back into the sport with the right organisation at a local level.

Admiralable
    Free Member

I voluntarily spend large amounts of money on bike parts!

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I’m secretary of a bike club and do a lot to get new riders involved (I founded our new rider’s division, and it’s now the biggest section of the club!)

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Do you put anything back in to mountain biking ?’ is closed to new replies.