Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Do you pump until you hear the pop using ZTR Arch/LUST tyres?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Just fitting some Maxxis LUST High Rollers onto a ZTR Arch rim and just wondering if its a case of pumping like mad until the tyre 'bangs' as it locks into the rim as it used to do with my Shimano UST M776 rims? I ask as they are pumped up pretty hard and nothing is 'banging' yet.

scaredypants

flow rims do "pop" IME, so I guess arch do too

are the tyres new or used ? If they've been on another rim before maybe they've "adjusted" a bit & don't need to pop on. Do they look properly seated all around ?

are you using watery soap on the rims ?

what is "pretty hard" ? I wouldn't go above 50 psi or so

maybe take the wheels for a little ride on the road and bounce about, "stress" the tyres and that might pop them on (don't do any really tight cornering though or they might pop off)

tragically1969
    Free Member

My Maxxis Ignitor LUST's didnt make a sound going onto Stans Flows.

pinches
    Free Member

if you can see the bead of the tyre has seated all the way round there's no need to force them to pop, just check out your sidewalls and make sure they're all on.

neninja
    Free Member

As said soapy water on the rims and bead – I usually pump them up to about 20psi and then manipulate the tyre to seat the bead by hand.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Thats all i did with mine, put about 20psi in and pulled the bead into the rim, they have been up for a month now and haven't fallen off so must be right !!

Jamie
    Free Member

are you using watery soap on the rims ?

Genius! We now have popping!

Cheers mate 8)

My Maxxis Ignitor LUST's didnt make a sound going onto Stans Flows.

I think mine would have been ok, but i do find the popping sound of a tyre locking into the bead reassuring 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Do you pump until you hear the pop using ZTR Arch/LUST tyres?’ is closed to new replies.