Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Do you prefer dogs or cats?
  • slowoldman

Apparently 19% prefer both!!

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I reckon there is some propaganda at work there 😆

solarpowered
    Free Member

Dog. They are ace! If 19% prefer both, I see that 81% are in my court!! 😉

iainc

Depends if accompanied by rice or chips 😆

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Dogs anyday. Hate cats especially the neighbours one when it’s shitting in my garden.

slowoldman

Ah. I couldn’t see how it was possible to prefer both, but as a dish it makes perfect sense. Like curry with rice and chips.

mikey74
    Free Member

Dogs for me, but I like cats too.

chipster

I prefer dogs, but we’re living with 3 pussy cats.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

I don’t dislike cats but their fondness for recreational cruelty is a bit of a turn off. Dogs, on the other hand, are 100% brilliant.

zippykona

wolfenstein
    Free Member

This is a very difficult question for me.. Its like making me choose a Santa Cruz and a Yeti

samuri
    Free Member

The cat’s alright but she’d go next door if they fed her and stroke her like I do. If I died she wouldn’t even notice.

The dog would kill and die for me without question.

Anyone who posts after this needs to consider these situations.

_tom_
    Free Member

Dogs every time, I’m not a fan of cats at all. We’ve always had family dogs. I really really want a dog (ideally save a rescue) but being out of the house for at least 12 hours when I’m at work just isn’t fair on the dog. Could look into getting someone to come round and walk the dog when I’m at work but not sure how expensive that’d be.

jools182
    Free Member

Dogs are infinitely better as pets

Loyal, fun, trainable, can be both boisterous and a calming influence

Cats, easy to look after, they shit in other people’s gardens so you don’t have to clear it up, they don’trespond to training, you never know what they are thinking but it’s usually something along the lines of world domination or how to kill you in your sleep. They kill too many things and cat owners say it’s their nature or some such excuse.

doh
    Free Member

If tiddles could stop raping and pillaging the countryside I might look on them and their humans in better light.
    Yes I do have a smelly dog at my feet at the moment.

jamj1974

I like both. More of a dog person but we have a cat….

Cats can be just as affectionate as dogs and are trainable. Ours comes to a whistle or call, shakes paws and loves to play. He is very loyal and when the children were small would place himself between non-family members and the children. To this day if he has his preference he will sleep outside their bedroom doors although often they pick him up at night and plonk him on their beds…

He also gets excited on our return from holidays. Unfortunately he also takes umbrage with me and I (and I alone) get a welcome home nip just as I start to relax.

jamj1974

He also has a part of our garden he uses as his toilet. Just one place.

loddrik
    Free Member

Dogs stink and are far too needy. Cats (siamese) all the way.

sbob
    Free Member

Having any sort of relationship with another species is entirely perverse, but as loddrik notes; if you own a dog then you reek of dog, your clothes reek of dog and your house reeks of dog.

I reek of fags, so each to his or her own, but don’t kid yourself that you don’t stink.

HTH.

theotherjonv

Do you prefer dogs or cats…..

…to people?

Yes, in general. I make exceptions but as a rule I far prefer animals to humans.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Tricky.
    Obviously cats are inherently pure evil, but they tend not to leave massive cat eggs on trails, and are rarely attached by an expendable tripwire to their untrained human.
    The dogs need to train the humans to say more than “he’s just playing” and “he’s never done that before” though.

droppinneutron
    Free Member

We have a cat that really p!ss*s me off. I really really dislike digs though – don’t see the point.

droppinneutron
    Free Member

Except guide dogs, obv!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Dogs 100% for reason above

Smelly? Flatcoats have the beautiful smell of a freshly oiled shotgun. Golden retrievers can get a but pongy though. At least that reminds of you of your last walk and all the nice foxes!!!

Cats unpredictable, dogs loving and lovable.

marky29er
    Free Member

Cats any day.
    Dogs are noisy, smelly & dirty, just like children. I dislike them also.

fasthaggis

I like cats and dogs,but I would prefer my cat to be home,just about to go out in the rain and see if he is at the side of the road somewhere .First time he has never come back and I have a bad feeling about this.

zippykona

Who would you trust to find you in an avalanche, walk you across the road if you couldn’t see, check your plane for bombs…..

tree-magnet
    Free Member

samuri – Member
    The cat’s alright but she’d go next door if they fed her and stroke her like I do. If I died she wouldn’t even notice.

The dog would kill and die for me without question.

Anyone who posts after this needs to consider these situations.

If you die alone in your flat with a dog, they will lie down and die with you. If it’s a cat, they’ll eat your face.

martinhutch

If you die alone in your flat with a dog, they will lie down and die with you.

Maybe. Well, only if they’re dumb enough not to recognise you as a food source. Cats, on the other hand, are far more intellingent and pragmatic, and clearly understand the metaphysical nature of life and death.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/dog-eats-owner-head-trapped-apartment-died-article-1.1324057

mrblobby
    Free Member

Our dog is part of our family. Our cats are more like lodgers. I’m surprised at least one of our two cats hasn’t moved in with our neighbours yet.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

dogs are loving and loyal to the death and cats are using murdering bastards.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Last cat we had was amazing she was more dog TBH very active friendly chased things when you chucked them etc current cat is utter bollox , fat lazy & a complete ****. Current dog is a border terrier he is amazing runs the trails hunts shit & loves the kids & other people. He does stink though.

joshvegas
    Free Member

You’ve not seen the aftermath of a dog in a chicken run before have you lawmanmx?

Cats or dogs but only ever if i lived in the country.

loddrik
    Free Member

Our dog is part of our family. Our cats are more like lodgers. I’m surprised at least one of our two cats hasn’t moved in with our neighbours yet.

You just have the wrong type of cat. We only have siamese. They are involved in everything we do in the house in garden. They just enjoy hanging out. I have two sitting on me as I type this. The younger one plays fetch, you throw stuff, she brings it back and drops it at your feet. I don’t really see the point of cats that are hardly ever in.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

joshvegas – Member
    You’ve not seen the aftermath of a dog in a chicken run before have you lawmanmx?

I have a Patterdale terrorist Josh and I Have seen it yes, the little bugger held them down an Plucked them, no murders tho 😉 Lol

RustySpanner

Both – but circumstance dictates a cat at the mo.

I’d love a greyhound cross (not decided what with yet 🙂 ), but long shifts say otherwise until one of us retires.

Houns

Always been a cat man but had this little fella for a week now, he’s made me both a cat and a dog person

loddrik
    Free Member

What’s not to like

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Do you prefer dogs or cats?’ is closed to new replies.