Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Do you pick up pennies?
  • zippykona

Walked past a 5p today.I’d probably pick up a 10p but definitely a 20.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes 😳

shermer75
    Free Member

Sometimes. Good luck, apparently

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jon1973
    Free Member

Any silverware is always handy to keep in the car for parking charges.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nope, found £20 the other day though, in a bar on the floor, no one around so I nabbed it and it paid for a couple of beers..

Cheers !!

sandwicheater

Leave gingers well alone but if it’s silver it’s mine!

clubber
    Free Member

No – leave them for someone else’s good luck. Unless I’m with the kids in which case I do as it gives them amazing amounts of excitement

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

No. I earn too much. It would cost me more to stop and pick it up than it does to keep walking. Time is money.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Of course.

See a penny, pick it up, and all day long you’ll have a penny 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Give it to a friend and the penny will double?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Yes, then I give them to my daughter to put in her money pot. I bet she has gained at least 10 pence this year!

edd

Yes.

EDIT: On a separate note I recently paid £1 at a supermarket self checkout machine in coppers. It felt strangely subversive. I’m not sure what any onlookers thought if they saw me giggling to myself as I shovelled handfuls of 1 and 2 pence pieces into the machine.

sweepy
    Free Member

I leave coppers in little piles for other people to find. They just weigh me down and hole my pockets. If I didn’t id just chuck them away so I hope someone who it might make a difference to picks them up, ive had times when every penny counted so I know they are out there.

andytherocketeer

On a separate note I recently paid £1 at a supermarket self checkout machine in coppers.

Used to do that at old coffee machine at work. 25 1p coins for every coffee for weeks, using up my old coppers jar contents.
    One day, when I used them all up I had to break a £1 coin.
    Bastid machine spat out 75 1p coins in change. Was like winning the jackpot in the pub gambling machine.

Coppers I’ll leave. Bigger coins might find their way to the charity pot by the till.

mudshark
    Free Member

Kinda the opposite as all coppers get lobbed into a pot at home. Vaguely thinking they’ll become my son’s pocket money when he gets older 😀

avdave2

If everyone on here were to put all their coppers together what bike do you reckon it would buy? Perhaps we should do it and the have a raffle for the bike.

footflaps

Kinda the opposite as all coppers get lobbed into a pot at home.

+1

It’s a huge posh coffee beans container, so over 10kg of coppers and rising…

sweepy
    Free Member

Weigh it in for scrap

aP
    Free Member

Yes, and we have copper and silver jars at home, pays the quarterly telephone bill.

zippykona

We always have a pot at the till for Poppy Day.
    I would say 99% of people take their penny change rather than put it in the pot.

user-removed
    Free Member

Proper chortle at Andyrocket’s ill fortune 😀

I keep everything from 50p downwards in a malt whisky tube and then hit the Coinstar machine just before holoday time. Usually yields close to £100 extra beer money – more if I’ve stuck in some golden nuggets.

I’d stoop for a 50p but nothing smaller.

andytherocketeer

I had 3 more coffees

djglover
    Free Member

I still check all the lockers at the baths to see if anyone has left a quid

avdave2

I still check all the lockers at the baths to see if anyone has left a quid

Much easier the get one of the locking tags from a supermarket trolley and go and nick them from old grannies while they are comparing the cost of Felix and Whiskers.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Always but more tradition than need

Cougar

On a separate note I recently paid £1 at a supermarket self checkout machine in coppers.

I used to do that at Tesco, till the petty bastards cottoned on and retro-fitted coin slots into the hoppers.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

My back is so shot to bits it has to be at least 50p for me to make the effort

nealglover
    Free Member

It’s a huge posh coffee beans container, so over 10kg of coppers and rising…

10kg of coppers = £28.00

chewkw
    Free Member

Nope. I leave it for others.

🙂

CountZero

Yes. As long as things have .98p or .99p at the end, they come in useful.
    I’ve seen somewhere that coppers might be dropped from our coinage, just 5,10, 20 and 50p coins will be in use.

sweepy
    Free Member

Only if you are carting around 99 of them. I’d rather use a quid and then just have to carry the one (or leave it)

All this £9.99 gives me the hump, its a bloody tenner!

wordnumb
    Free Member

Always check first for the group of kids, one holding a tube of superglue.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

a friend of mine told me (over a pint he was buying me) that any coins he finds get wished on and then go in his ‘wishing jar’ when it gets full enough he invites someone out for a pint and then we drink to his dreams!

footflaps

10kg of coppers = £28.00

Not sure if that’s good or bad, sort of expecting it to be worth more (been filling it for years!)

At some point I’ll take it into the local Supermarket and feed it into one of those machines…

samuri
    Free Member

if you look after the pennies, you’ll always have about 56p

nealglover
    Free Member

10kg of coppers = £28.00
    Not sure if that’s good or bad, sort of expecting it to be worth more (been filling it for years!)
    At some point I’ll take it into the local Supermarket and feed it into one of those machines…

It will then be worth £25.48 :mrgreen:

For a big jar of coins to be worth a decent amount in my experience, you need to include everything smaller than £1.

Coppers on their own amount to next to nothing 🙁

iolo
    Free Member

Any money on the floor is going into my pocket.
    I go to Tesco ten to midnight as the offers are fantastic. 10 pence pies, loaves of bread five pence etc. All stuff with sell by date on that day. Perfect.

mk1fan
    Free Member

I pick them up. Then deposit them in the next charity pot. All coppers go in charity pots.

I to enjoy the reduced sections in the local marts.

senick
    Free Member

Before lock-on grips i used to put 1p inside end of grips so the bar end wouldnt cut through the end when you laid the bike down, made them last bit longer, cheaper than plugs i guess !

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Do you pick up pennies?’ is closed to new replies.