Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Do you Know what? I might go rigid this weekend.
  • try5
    Free Member

overwhelming wave of nostalgia surging up the shores of my mid-life crisis.
    I think my bike handling skills have actually decreased since my twenties-so I am drawn to the project twos rattling round the back of my van.
    Maybe they’ll sharpen them up a tad?
    At the very least It will make me more appreciative of the marzocchis when I bolt them back on…………….

yunki
    Free Member

go for it… I did it for 12 months recently and would still be riding rigid now if it wasn’t for a frustrating back injury..

Northwind

Go for it, it’s a great laugh. I finally gave in and built a full time rigid xc bike out of spares and a cheap carrera, and it’s absolutely lovely. Took it round innerleithen black last week :mrgreen: Definately makes me appreciate my Revs and Lyriks though! It gets used almost as much as the other bikes.

I used to just swap the forks into my Soul and that was good too.

richen987
    Free Member

i have just sourced some rigids for my P7, definitely looking forward to riding a rigid bike again, i think it will be a lot of fun, good luck.

dekadanse
    Free Member

Is that bored rigid, rigid as in rigor mortis, or rigid as in Cove Stiffee?

cookeaa

just doing the same old kona with p2s, V brakes and no gears is 78% built…. low tech FTW!

Northwind

I allowed myself 9 gears, and so far that has proved to be a very very good call. I lack the moral fortitude for singlespeed.

Templeofdog
    Free Member

Go for it! The best time that i have spent on bike is when i ride rigid. Jumpsticks feel dead to me when compared the feeling that you get with rigid forks.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Spent most of last year on a rigid onone. Afan was a hoot but painfull on the wrists.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I started rigid and have just gone back to a fully rigid setup, more for nostalgia than anything but I really love it, I will always have at least 1 fully rigid setup at my disposal now.

mooman
    Free Member

I too been riding my fully rigid mtb this last couple weeks. It isnt as bad as you would expect to be honest .. some things are made easier – some other things are a little different. But all is doable.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

My wife says I can’t go rigid this weekend cause she’s got headache. Bloody women 😆

MrSparkle

Get more miles in on this than owt else:

thesurfbus
    Free Member

Using a rigid singlespeed 29er through the winter and it is great having zero maintenance, and I wouldn’t have said I am any slower than I was on a geared suspension bike.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

do it. DO IT!

It will make previously tame trails a lot more fun

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Yeah, do it. I’ve been riding my rigid SS lots over the last few months – more than either of the suspended bikes, and been really enjoying it.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Do you Know what? I might go rigid this weekend.’ is closed to new replies.