Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Do you keep your receipts?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Bought a toaster from sainsburys of all places just under a year ago! It’s toasting ability has gradually got worse and worse, can we find the receipt? Can we bollox!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Buy it on credit card – find the statement and use that ?

I keep alot of reciepts for tools and expensive appliances but unless an expensive toaster id have binned the reciept an all!

Drac

Did you pay by card?

Markie
    Free Member

For things that feel like ‘big’ purchases, yes. I wouldn’t have a clue about a toaster receipt!

wrightyson
    Free Member

It will have been on a credit card as we buy everything on that but it will have just been chucked in with the shopping.

Drac

Chances are Sainsburys will just exchange it anyway but also some stores can scan the card to check for purchase history.

Squidlord
    Free Member

I keep the receipt in the box the thing came in if I’m likely to take it back if it fails.

Otherwise drop them in an old shoe-box and clean this out about once a year.

andycs

Self employed, keep receipts for everything.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Yeah,for just about everything. With a wage like mine, you wouldn’t wanna use a statement for proof of purchase ;O)

It’s just handy grabbing the box (I keep most boxes for stuff in their warranty period) and heading to the store for a replacement. Like I’ll be doing this afternoon with an electrical cabley thing that has packed in after 4 months. It was £15 quid, without it I’d be splashing out another £15 quid. I can’t afford to do that. Infact,nobody should.

Weasel
    Free Member

Keep them for big purchases.

My mother has adopted a strange ritual of shredding her receipts as soon as she gets home. I do ask her what she would do if she need to exchange or get a refund.

No doubt it was a handy hint in the Daily Wail.

moniex
    Free Member

Staple it in the manual, keep all these together. Clear out once a year and bin any we don’t longer need.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Lesson learned I suppose! I might just give them a ring.

jon1973
    Free Member

I had a toaster which stopped working. No receipt or credit card record, and no other proof of purchase and no box. Argos just swapped it over for me, so it’s worth trying.

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

In the man draw. Along with my old mobiles, drachma, sim cards and manuals. Just in case I get the call.

Cougar

You don’t need a receipt, just ‘proof of purchase’. Credit card statement will do, or failing that the store might well have a record.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Do you keep your receipts?’ is closed to new replies.