Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Do you have an alcoholic drink that is your 'Nemesis'?
  • hora
    Free Member

Mine used to be jagermeister but now its 7yr old Havana Rum. I can drink it like water 🙁

…and yes please do make a 2000ad reference 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

V.a.T.

V from the freezer, T from the fridge. Chilled glass. No ice.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Nope. I can take it or leave it.

I’d prefer a drink of milk, TBH. 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Dry white wine, 1 bottle doesn’t touch the sides, 2 bottles lasts an evening but I feel fine the next day, 3 bottles gets me pretty pissed and I feel jaded for a couple of hours the next day, 4 bottles and I behave like an asshat and don’t come alive until midday the next day.

willard

Tequila

Usually served in a glass, with a dash of tequila and a sprinkling of tequila.

alfabus
    Free Member

Absinthe == bad

One particular night in a French campsite, many hours of lost memories, with photos to show what we were up to. The next day’s hangover was hell on earth – couldn’t even keep water down.

Bad. Can’t go near the stuff now; even the smell turns my stomach.

Dave

kimbers

tequila i love, or a decent mezcal !

cider on the other hand-i leave it for the tramps and 14yr olds now

maxray
    Free Member

Isn’t a nemesis your arch rival you can never beat? In which case Martini is my nemesis, makes me yak.

Gin on the other hand would be my battlecat… if I was He Man 😀

derek_starship
    Free Member

The worst hangover ever. I was convinced my veins were full of iron filings. I’ve never touched it since.

Harry_the_Spider

I hardly drink now but in the past (15 years ago) I was a bit of a piss head.

Miller Lite as sold in Bury’s premier night club was my nemesis 😯 , it turned me into a violent bad tempered idiot.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Vodka – Whenever I have more than a couple of shots my memory of the night before isnt clear.

Carolans Irish Liquor – Cant even stomach the smell due to one night with this. Smelled the same coming back up too. never again!!!

camo16
    Free Member

Ruby grapefruit Bacardi Breezer.

Not my tipple. But I used to work in a bar and I’ve seen what happens when the above makes a sudden, and unwelcome reappearance.

camo16
    Free Member

EDIT: Damn my oversensitive Send Post mouse clickery. Ignore this one (and probably that one ^^^^ too).

binners

I think you’ve got the whole nemesis thing wrong Hora. You’re not very bright are you.

I can’t stomach the smell of brandy.I used to love the stuff until a nosebag-fuelled, weekend-long birthday binge ended me up with proper, honest-to-god alcohol poisoning. Oh, to be young and stupid!

A nice glass (or bottle or 2) of nice Shiraz is far more civilised

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Dry white wine, 1 bottle doesn’t touch the sides, 2 bottles lasts an evening but I feel fine the next day,

😯

MIne are Hoegaarden and Stella – turn me from happy drunk to stupid, irresponsible, argumentative drunk. I won’t touch them in the pub (well maybe one pint of Stella). If I am out with my wife I won’t even have a sip of either.

momo

Vodka, guaranteed hangover the next day. Can drink whisky until it comes out my ears with little or no ill effects.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m into, wait for it.. Tea Cocktails, Oh yes, I kid you not!

All started after a very long night up the Oxo Tower drinking that one they serve in the tea pot (can’t remember the name but it’s something to do with the proibishion (spelling!!))

Anyhoo’s I’ve been finding recepies off t’internet containig all sorts of wierd/wonderfull ingredients and lots or either White Rum or Vodka..

No hangovers here as we’re just going for the taste not quantity/vomit ratios, phah

hora
    Free Member

Binners I could drink it straight out of the bottle. Its like pop.

When I was younger JD used to turn me evil.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

sambucca….. just thinking about it makes me feel ill

one bad bad bad night when i was younger a mate and i drink a whole bottle out of mugs on a camping trip…woke up about a mile from the camp cant remember much and now even the smell of the stuff makes me ill

Gin on the other hand is awesome!

lunge

Vodka, bloody hate the stuff, the smell, the taste, everything.

The other thing is a drink we invented in my student days, the Turbo Spritzer. In a pint glass mix 1 glass of white wine with 1 bottle of Smirnoff Ice. It actually tastes OK but the hangovers it leaves behind are enough to make a grown man cry.

sunnrider
    Free Member

Whats the plural for nemesis, since I have 2 of them?
    I was at a party and thought that brandy mixed with baileys was a great idea, it resulted in 24 hours of missing time in my life. Theres a list of crap from that night that I´d only ever admit to in court.
    And the hangover was like the return of the black death…never again.

ski
    Free Member

Another one for Rum here

Brought back a bottle from a trip to Cuba (Matusalem) & it literally evaporated on the plane on the way back!

Well that’s what I told the Mrs a few days latter 😯

ocrider

Southern Comfort = instant pukage so violent it doesnt touch the sides!

khani
    Free Member

Newcastle brown=arse of fire and head of hammers 🙁
    I like it, but it hates me 😕
    Edit, and purple nastys (pint of snakebite with a double Pernod and blackcurrant) never again…….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Others I can’t drink because of earlier encounters:

Pernod (ended up a pillion on a motorbike going the wrong way down the A1 – the person riding it had a full leg in plaster and we walked into a service station for food. Found a sheep in my tent the next morning).

Southern Comfort (got so drunk I actually missed an orgy going on in the same room as I fell unconscious in)

Tequila (walked out of a tree)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Why, oh why did I ever think that was going to be a good idea?

cupra
    Free Member

Not a drinker really but vodka hits the stomach and comes straight back up, pleasant for all concerned.

franksinatra

Rarely drink nowadays but I used to have to stay clear of Beamish as twice, whilst drinking it, I had to throw pants away after ‘following through’

piha
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hLQCA2h8kA[/video]

binners

Flashy – On its own or as a Green Nasty? That used to be our first drink of the evening

Pint glass. 1 bottle of K cider (8% remember that stuff?), 1 bottle of Lowenbrau Pils, 1 double Blue Bols, Optional double vodka depending on mood

Used to turn your pint fluorescent green 😀

sobriety
    Free Member

Flashy – On its own or as a Green Nasty?

Out version of that was a pint of blue bols, gin and OJ, was surprisingly drinkable, and turned your poo green the next day, which was nice.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Yep tequila here as well. Had a mental night where i drank about 6 shots of it. Lost about 4 hours that night.

Even the smell of it makes me heave now.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Cheap tequila.

Vomit and memory loss practically guaranteed.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Yep tequila here as well. Had a mental night where i drank about 6 shots of it. Lost about 4 hours that night.

Even the smell of it makes me heave now.

Ha! +1 😉

binners

Had a mental night where i drank about 6 shots of it.

Does not compute. Did you miss some numbers out there? 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not found anything in particular that makes me any worse than anything else. although I can’t stomach baileys/dooleys/corkeys, basicly anything creamy makes me gag.

Absynth though, even single shots gives me hangovers! Not as bad a taste as I anticipated though.

Had a mental night where i drank about 6 shots of it.

Either you’ve made a type and missed a digit before/after the 6 , you’re a light weight, or you just dont remember the rest of the bottle.

rewski
    Free Member

Shot after shot of tequila with whole chillies, by bedtime I was projectile vomiting, even into my girlfriends bedside mug which she kept her gum shield in – she was not impressed.

And before you ask, she used to grind her teeth.

TheFlyingOx

Generally a happy/sleepy drunk, but sherry probably qualifies as my nemesis.
    Me and the missus drank a bottle of it walking back from Oban town centre to our campsite 3 miles down the road and then decided that as a) it was raining, and b) people were sleeping, that it would be best for everyone if we had the barbecue inside our tent.

grantus
    Free Member

McEwans Export. 4 cans of ‘Red Death’ give the worst hangover i’ve ever had.

As an aside, a drink which sounds revolting but is actually rather tasty is a Buckfast milkshake. 50% Buckie and 50% milk – genuinely tastes yum

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And before you ask, she used to grind her teeth.

In my sleep. I grind my teeth.

NAME THAT BAND!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Do you have an alcoholic drink that is your 'Nemesis'?’ is closed to new replies.