Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Do you have a 'happy place' to go to?
  • camo16
    Free Member

In stressful times, where do you transport your thoughts?

I’m not sure I have one, but I’m currently in the market. 🙂

patriotpro
    Free Member

I tend to care very little for most things and very much about a few precious things (immediate family and close friends).

It works for me. 😉

Tom-B
    Free Member

Thoughts of being on holiday with my wife or riding my bike in the middle of nowhere are my happy place.

dabble
    Free Member

If I had the time and inclination I’d find the youtube vid of happys happy place from happy gilmore. I have neither, but if someone with more tech skills and time wants to do it, I thought of it first!

Andy-R

Same as Tom B said ^^^

garage-dweller

Singletrackworld 😉

theotherjonv

Ref the other thread – Trap 3, with my smartphone and a decent Wifi signal.

Seriously – I don’t know if it’s a ‘happy’ place per se but I often take a few moments out to remind me of all the good things i have and the problems of others, and remind myself that what i have is not so bad at all.

I do sometimes sneak into my girl’s room at night and just sit by her bed watching her sleep. That also makes me happy, but it’s a different kind of happy to what the OP meant.

camo16
    Free Member

I do sometimes sneak into my girl’s room at night and just sit by her bed watching her sleep. That also makes me happy, but it’s a different kind of happy to what the OP meant.

I totally get that. I do the same sometimes with my boy. His sleeping face is the best sight I know of. It’s brilliant.

camo16
    Free Member

So, it’s not about visualising an actual place – I was thinking, maybe, Gillingham – but about a [hippy content] place within [/hippy content]?

binners

Me in my ‘happy place’ earlier this morning

benslow
    Free Member

eBay

😯

samuri
    Free Member

Possibly a bit odd but to keep me sane in stressful situations I tend to visualise a project that I’m working on. Not a work project, that would be silly but something I’m doing for myself so say I’m halfway through drawing something, that would be the focus, if I’m building up a bike then sorting through the tasks left and the order I will do them.

That sort of thing.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’m sat on my happy place right now…….only spoiled by a lack of nice loo roll.

camo16
    Free Member

Possibly a bit odd but to keep me sane in stressful situations I tend to visualise a project that I’m working on. Not a work project, that would be silly but something I’m doing for myself so say I’m halfway through drawing something, that would be the focus, if I’m building up a bike then sorting through the tasks left and the order I will do them.

Good advice! Cheers, I’ll try that one. I have a portrait of my son in progress, so I’ll be visualising that.

anonymouse
    Free Member

Out.

spawnofyorkshire

back on newborough beach one day in late october when it was shorts and t-shirts weather down at the sand, but looking over at the mountains they were white with snow and not a cloud in the sky.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I have 2.

The best is recalling fab times with my daughter and happily there are lots to remember.

Second is a lake near the start of the continental divide before Whitefish, first night I campled, elk wondering around as the sun set over the lake, on my own with a hip flask and 2600 miles to ride ahead.

Drac

Pub.

DezB
    Free Member

I do sometimes sneak into my girl’s room at night and just sit by her bed watching her sleep.

Yeah did that in my son’s room last night. It’s a very soothing thing to do in troubled times.

I seem to have lost the happy place in my head what with so much shit bouncing around in there.
    Not sure if garage-dweller was joking, but this place certainly can take your mind off “the real world”!

camo16
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies! Lots of good advice and I almost want to borrow ti_pin_man’s…

a lake near the start of the continental divide before Whitefish, first night I campled, elk wondering around as the sun set over the lake, on my own with a hip flask and 2600 miles to ride ahead.

That sounds like an incredible ‘happy place’!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Do you have a 'happy place' to go to?’ is closed to new replies.