Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Do you have a goal for your technical/physical prowess on the bike?
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Fitness wise: I’d like to be able to climb “the impossible climb” on my singlespeed – it seems possible.

Skills wise: I’m a 2D rider and scared of the 3rd dimension. I need Jedi training I think.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Do you have a goal for your technical/physical prowess on the bike?

Yeah, to have some…

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Basically I’m looking to stay fit & healthy – However that said I want to be well above average for my age (50) – so I continue to do ‘structured & planed training’ – I’d like to be able to ride centuries on the road bike at a respectable bordering on competitive – in terms of MTB I just enjoy riding them for the sheer fun – both my FS & SS – but for many reasons over the last few years I’ve tended to ride solo – as such my skills level has reached a plateau – so my plans for the winter training season (starts next week) – is to hook up with a road club & start getting out more often with the local clan of Mountain bikers – hoping to get some Sportive & MTB Marathons in next year

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Fortunateson09
    Free Member

One day, I will be Joe Barnes…

Milkie
    Free Member

My mate wants to do this:

He doesn’t seem to be joking either. Jedi training… Can he work miracles!?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Really want to improve my looking generally – have a habit of looking down too much.

Also want to get better at jumping which I’m slowly getting better.

Looking at doing the Mega this year and want to be fully prep’d to do it safely.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

After 14 years of riding I feel I’ve more or less plateaued. Like Jon Edwards, I want to be able to ride everything I come across – but some stuff still defeats me, though every now and then I clear another obstacle which I’ve never ridden before, which is a good feeling – however, it’s more important to me to have fun sharing the experience of riding with others 🙂

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Milkie – Member

My mate wants to do this:

Stuff that for a game of soldiers

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Tucked up in bed with some horrible bug (possibly norovirus) my current biking goal is to be able to actually get to the garage containing our bikes without being sick.

I don’t seem to have improved for a long time now but still enjoy it. Been riding with a really quick rider for a while now which is rather humbling. Used to think I was quite quick (always at the front at MTB club rides) now I don’t.

I go in to endurance events reasonably confidant of a top third place.
    Occasionally, that turns out to be laughably optimistic, but on the other hand, I have been known to get top quarter.

Consistent top quarter placing overall while riding in veterans class is my goal.

More specifically, taking shorter pit stops. Lapping in 32 minutes and eating on the move would be faster than lapping in 30 minutes and stopping for a 3 minute break.

jonb
    Free Member

Fitness wise I want to get round the kielder 100 in under 10 hours this year and finish the Selkirk CRC marathon in under 4.5hours.
    Both should be doable this year, especially as my road biking goal is to win races.

Technically I am thinking of getting some training. For some reason when my fitness went up last year my risk taking dropped. Seem to have a mental block on anything steep where as I never used to. For example the black drop thing at the end of Magic mushroom at GT. Used to be OK, now bottle it.

I just want to keep having fun and I find that I get immense enjoyment out of testing myself and seeing improvements over time.

jools182
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZh3Y_ZTO_o[/video]

jedi

Lol @ can I work miracles 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Surely that place in Ireland is mainly mental? Ok there are some very narrow ledges, but for the most part it’s fairly wide, it’s just getting over the fact you’ll die if you get it wrong!

I want my Elite XC license, bored of too many years in the middle of Expert! Some proper skills coaching would help, and a good winter’s training, we can hope…

sharki
    Free Member

Just to ride smoother and get fitter to have the energy to maintain fluidity on a bike.

peachos
    Free Member

started doing a bit of dirt jumping last year so want to continue that, maybe get into a skate park and learn some more tricks & go bigger. want to be able to take these skills onto the trails & be able to trick off jumps found at trail centres/bike parks. but currently recovering from injury so not entirely fit to be doing that yet.

fitness-wise i’m pretty happy with where i am. could probably do with shedding a bit of excess weight but i was knocking out respectable lap times consistently at SITS & MM (~36 & ~55 respectively). reckon i can podium at the HTN Winter Sprinter at the start of next year after a 4th place in 09 & technical issues in 10. quite fancy doing something big (K100 or a solo 24hr) but not sure i’m ready for that sort of commitment yet! more interested in doing some DH races so picking up a DH bike is a big goal of mine next year!

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Do you have a goal for your technical/physical prowess on the bike?’ is closed to new replies.