Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • Do you get a hard time about your wage?
  • Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

I've had the good fortune to meet Foxy a few times (not Mate 1 or 2). I would just say thats he's a normal guy who enjoys his bikes…..
    He's even stayed at our gaff and had the good manners to drink the £3.99 Asda vino calapsso that we would have served with dinner without complaining (how do you do smiley things?). Foxy,if you want to come and do the next SPAM event and crash over you're most welcome (just leave the board and lodging in an unmarked envelope as you leave!!)

LHS
    Free Member

People with money don't feel the need to shout about it. People who think they have money and need to shout about it are just try hards.

On a serious note, completly agree with this statement.

There is however a flip side that if you have money, and have nice things, but aren't a tosser, people will assume you are a tosser just because you have nice things.

I don't drive my car to work for that one reason as the guys and gals who work for me would take one look at it and think i was a ****. They probably think i am a **** anyway, but thats another thing.

Its called a lose lose situation!

Joxster
    Free Member

The wife gives me a hard time about my wage, but that's because the girlfriend spends it first.

Jamie
    Free Member

The wife gives me a hard time about my wage, but that's because the girlfriend spends it first.

Ba-doom-tish!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

If they'd stormed your house killed your children…

with mates like that…

yossarian
    Free Member

anger issues?

that does warrant a smiley 😀

Trimix
    Free Member

I had a rich GF so I married her.

The only thing money cant buy is poverty 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Many thanks fuzzy felt – When is the next SPAM? My wife is in hosp tomorrow so I dont htink i'm gonna be able to go away for 4-6 weeks until sh can stand on her own two feet. Poor her 🙁

Very True LHS – lose lose situation 🙁

Drac

No not a word. Why would they they're my friends?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

They probably think i am a **** anyway, but thats another thing.

they may be onto something there ?

yunki
    Free Member

The only thing money cant buy is poverty

hmmm… you've obviously never inherited tens of thousands of pounds from a distant relative and then spunked every last penny of it on booze and drugs..

tomzo
    Free Member

so your mate thinks your loaded? and the problem is?

LHS
    Free Member

they may be onto something there ?

Funniest post of the year (from a muggles).

willard

The only time i get grief about how much I earn (which is not even remotely obscene) is by my wife. She seems to think that it is way more than I deserve to be paid given that all I do all day is sit in an office creating spreadsheets, e-mailing people and reading STW.

She might have a point, but I'm not going to tell her that.

greyman
    Free Member

got to be one of the most bizarre threads ever, up there with stuffed badgers

so to summarise, bloke with mtb hobby buys new forks (why is this on the chat forum ?)

mates say "wooo, flashing the cash eh ?"

and this is puzzling how ?

G. (loadsa money) 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

anyone who uses language from a harry potter book in adult life is definitely a **** 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

The thing I ask myself is why do people play the lottery:

Answer: to win lots of money?

Then you have more money – do you then feel bitter about people who have more money, do you forget your roots?

My dad used to say there are 2 types of money, NONE and NOT ENOUGH.

Through my life I have had little money in and after Uni, then re-studying at uni – only in the last 5 years my wage has gone up. At every point in my I have been happy with what I have earned and have not begrudged anyone else – maybe some people should be happy with what they have.

Your health is the most important over money
    IMHO 🙂

Oh and I do have a collection of stuffed badgers at home 😳

LHS
    Free Member

Don't start smack talking "the potter"! 😉

My dad used to say there are 2 types of money, NONE and NOT ENOUGH.

Very true for most people.

yeah lets all piss our lives away working on some dull crap so we can continue our truman-show lifestyle filling our barrat house with useless but expensive crap we bought. that's real success and well worth pursuing.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

anyone who uses language from a harry potter book in adult life is definitely a ****

definitely more class using Joseph Heller :o)

Your health is the most important over money IMHO

I have the rudest health and pots of money (at the mo) but you cannot buy a personality 🙁

foxyrider
    Free Member

You a bit boaring then SFB? 😉

LHS
    Free Member

but you cannot buy a personality

I bought Paul Daniels and Debbie McGee.

yossarian
    Free Member

It's worth remembering that having a job that pays good money does not mean that you have reached the pinnacle of human evolution. Man did not descend from the trees in order to work. Or read/quote badly written children's books – LHS take note.

timc
    Free Member

Everyone thinks I'm mad & minted for have thousands of pounds worth of push bike, just the way of the world…

Keep patting yourself on the back though…

molgrips
    Free Member

Turnip… You seem to be implying that everyone is actually capable of creating a brilliant individual original life for themselves.. or even that they would want it…

foxyrider
    Free Member

No money doesn't bring true happiness as with more money come more responsibilies and more to loose (financially speaking) – I am no better a person than when I was a uni and no more advanced. Just hope I can still ride when I retire coz its what I enjoy 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

What a bizarre thing to make a thread about 😕

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

You a bit boaring then SFB?

I always try for "extremely irritating" but I don't know why…

Just hope I can still ride when I retire

he thinks he can retire, arf, arf 🙂

don't know what i am implying…i dont really like how consumerist the world is right now and try to enjoy my time without thinking too much about money. maybe that's because i have enough that i have the luxury to be able to say that.

the prices of some things in the shops should be expressed in years of your life you have to work to buy it and not pounds. with compound interest on a mortgage, it's a shock how much that piece of useless electronic crap will cost you in terms of lost time enjoying yourself.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What tyres for retirement? No expenses spared.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I can't see myself what this thread is bizare – I posted a little moan and wondered if anyone else has had the saem treatment? Tis all….. There are many more lame posts no? Obviously I am on planet Foxyrider on my own then 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

I am no better a person than when I was a uni and no more advanced.

have you learnt nothing since you left then?

Just hope I can still ride when I retire coz its what I enjoy

why not try and enjoy everything you do TODAY? PLease don't fall into the trap of ignoring the importance of NOW

LHS
    Free Member

why not try and enjoy everything you do TODAY? PLease don't fall into the trap of ignoring the importance of NOW

Puke.

You sound like one of those really awful self help tapes. 🙄

yunki
    Free Member
    simonfbarnes
    Free Member

PLease don't fall into the trap of ignoring the importance of NOW

good point! There IS only now! The past is only memory (and usually wrong at that), the future merely speculation

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

+7*10^9

yunki
    Free Member

+100

the past is history.. the future is a mystery.. right NOW is a gift.. that's why it's called the present (quoted to me endlessly by an old hippy what drinks in the local boozer and thaaa' innit)

LHS
    Free Member

the past is history.. the future is a mystery.. right NOW is a gift.

Flippin eck. 😯

yunki
    Free Member

Flippin eck

hmm 🙄

LHS
    Free Member

Life is like a sewer… what you get out of it depends on what you put into it.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Do you get a hard time about your wage?’ is closed to new replies.