Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Do you even Kudos, Bro?
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

STR- I’ll be honest, I couldn’t even be arsed to look…

kayak23

A friend Stravas his little evening walks for some reason. I always give him Kudos and comment that they are rad and sick and bitchin etc.
    He never gives me Kudos… 😐

theotherjonv

My criteria are fairly strict, >100 miles, a mountain or a KoM.

some of us will never have KOM’s. The only proper one I had someone stole anyway, and from the ride, looks like he rode there, nicked it and then rode home. He’s welcome to it. To us lardathletes a PB is as close to a KOM as we’ll get.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

I wouldn’t even post a turbo on strava but there’s plenty that do..

That’s using Strava for logging, not to brag.

I thought I might deserve kudos for a bit of an epic struggle I had on unfamiliar trails whilst on holiday two weeks ago. However turns out I took 56 mins to do a descent where the KOM is 12 mins, so perhaps I don’t deserve it after all.

munrobiker
    Free Member

some of us will never have KOM’skudos

Ride faster then 😉

acidtest
    Free Member

If it’s a KOM say over 2 or 3k then I reckon it’s worth a comment as well as a Kudos.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Only for something out of the ordinary

Ultramarathon training run -tick
    Race longer than a half marathon -tick
    First ride back after significant injury – tick

100miles solo – tick
    Long rides in really shit weather -tick

I’ve a circle of friends who kudos everything, I usually prefix short/easy road rides with ‘pootle’, they kudos those, I feel bad for not giving any for their commutes!

dogthomson

Pook – Member
    Yep, Bramley born and bred. Live in Sheffield now though. Where are you?

Whiston, my Grandma lives in Bramley.

See you on Strava some time?! I’ll Kudos you for walking your dog!?

wilko1999
    Free Member

Following on from this – how many of you title your ride with an excuse as to why the ride wasn’t very fast or impressive? I have quite a few Strava friends who do this. eg “Head wind all the way round ride” or “Wish this head cold would do one”

fathomer

chakaping – Member
    So I dish them out if people have been riding with their kids, or somewhere nice, or posted good pics, or a funny ride name, as well as for big rides and KOMs.

Generally this plus decent efforts etc.

Following on from this – how many of you title your ride with an excuse as to why the ride wasn’t very fast or impressive? I have quite a few Strava friends who do this. eg “Head wind all the way round ride” or “Wish this head cold would do one”

I occasionally do this but more so I know what happened on the ride, plus I’ll also title when it’s lovely out so why not the other way around!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m always slow.

My last ride was titled “Reps of Farley hill”, the description was “it’s not much of a hill”.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

I got Kudos from a friend for Strava-ing a rollercoaster. I didn’t even get the KoM.

thepurist

Only really do it if I lm out for a ride and catch/am caught by another rider and ride with them for a bit. Trouble is that half the time they then do the request to follow me and I’m a proper miserable bugger when it comes to that side of strava, so I ignore them. Must be the inner roadie coming out 😉

@TINAS – it’s enough of a hill if you start from Swallowfield or eversley each time 😉

muggomagic

I strava’d the Thomas the tank engine ride at Drusillas, I was bored and wondered how slow it was going. I got a KOM and kudos for that.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

it’s enough of a hill if you start from Swallowfield or eversley each time

Can’t tell if you’re being ironic or not, from the river to the top is just under 40m! It’s saving grace is its on my doorstep and there must be 5 or 6 routes up so I can do laps without getting bored. It’s like a roadie trail center, only without a cafe and 900 Rapha/sky tops like box hill.

Today I did laps of Hose Hill, again small, but feels more bad-ass with the hairpins and trying to get through before a car smashes you into the hedge when the other light goes green.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

That’s using strava for logging

*scrolls down activity list*

Stand up piddling is the closest I could find

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Do you even Kudos, Bro?’ is closed to new replies.