Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 171 total)
  • Do YOU even buy Singletrack?
  • totalshell

I have to admit that I do not. I do ride my bike but 50 years and 105 kilos act as a constant deterrant.

however a recent flash ad on these pages tickled my fancy and picked at my guilt of something for nothing use of this forum so i plumpled for a t shirt and a brolly.

said t shirt was ordered at 3pm it arrived next day!! ding dong and it fits and mrs tts didnt say i looked a fool so result.

said brolly srrived seperately a couple of days later and today i took it out ofor the first time.. guess what it works and looks good too..

so a couple of things.. spend some cash you wont be disappointed and secondly when will the STW autumn collection be fully available so i can compete with the various Boden etc. cataloges on our kitchen table.

mikey74
    Free Member

No. I can’t stand it.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I don’t read it- I’m not the target audience and while Matt, Sim and Jon seem to ride trails how I do, the mag has always been focussed on middle aged fat knackers rather than people like me that are more interested in going as fast as possible everywhere.

I used to subscribe, about 10 years ago when it had a lot of homemade charm, but I used to be a bit of a mincer and as my riding has progressed I find it has a lot less relevance to me.

The article about the Lakes in the new Dirt on the other hand…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Pigface
    Free Member

No

Nope

Harry_the_Spider

I do. Much improved since the re-launch.

I find that I need a quiet hour or two and read it all in one go. I don’t bother with the reviews as I have enough kit and I’m skint.

_tom_
    Free Member

No, I don’t like any mtb mags really. Always seem to be full of the latest bling and overpriced clothing that I have no interest in. The only bike mag i’ve considered a subscription to is The Albion, bmx is still for more interesting to me.

grum
    Free Member

I’ve bought it a few times in the past but not often. Just got a digital sub though – enjoying it so far.

No sign of the email about my free t-shirt though!

avdave2

Last time I bought a bike mag was 1998. In fact it may have been the last time I bought any magazine.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Been a subscriber since almost the start (issue 2 IIRC), considered giving it up in the dark years when I stopped riding, but never got around to it… and then it chipped away at me until I dragged the bike back out again!

It is the only cycling mag I still bother with.

somafunk

I do, recent subscriber after 4yrs away from biking and i wouldn’t describe myself as middleaged fat knacker.

Good mag imho, used to subscribe to Bike and Dirt Rag as well, prob will resubscribe to them pretty soon as you can’t buy them locally (within 60odd miles anyway).

Mark

I’ll chase that t-shirt for you tomorrow Grum.

jad
    Free Member

I’m sad to say that I don’t. I tried for a few years as a subscriber but, as above, I’m not the target audience. I couldn’t stomach the flowery poetic stuff about biking to be honest.

singlecrack
    Free Member

I have the digital sub ……..been waiting for my t-shirt for months …. 😐

robdob
    Free Member

Used to buy it many years ago.

I am a little afraid to say this, as I got banned from this site last time I said it, but IMHO its not a very good magazine.

chojin
    Free Member

Fully paid print sub here, I have to say since the change to new paper the quality is outstanding.
    I quite like travel writing so the style of article appeals.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Dirt represents my interest in mountain biking more, other than reminding me how inadequate everything I own actually is. I occasionally buy STW though, mainly for its inspiring images and occasionally provoking features. Well written magazine in my opinion. Reminds me of the days when I used to write for Dirt (right at the beginning – Jerry Dyer days) when I used to write features to, at the very least, inspire readers.

Houns

I did buy and did subscribe, but I found myself reading fewer and fewer articles. Can’t remember the last copy I got.

I must try it again as I do like the guys at stw and would like to support them

grim168
    Free Member

Middle aged fat knacker here who subscribes. 😀

geologist
    Free Member

I am not a subscriber, but thinking about it, are their any of the t-shirts still available?

I love all bike mags, some more than others. I have to admit Dirt is my favourite, followed closely by Singletrack.
    I also buy every climbing magazine. I just love em 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

Didn’t realise it had changed recently, will go and get a copy to try it then!

Bought one a year or two ago and was well miffed that an article was cut short because you had to get the rest of it online and you had to be a premium subscriber or something. If you want to provide extra for more money that’s ok but to rub it in my face that I only got half the interview was a bit annoying. Do they still do that?

rewski
    Free Member

Yep, love it and will continue to for the foreseeable future 🙂

grum
    Free Member

I’ll chase that t-shirt for you tomorrow Grum.

Cheers. 🙂

mudshark
    Free Member

There’s a magazine?

Cletus
    Free Member

Print subscriber here. Normally read around 50% of it but that is the norm for all magazines that I buy.

Nipper99
    Free Member

I want to – flick through a copy in Smiths every month but nothing much of interest. As soon as Mint Sauce makes a move i’ll subscribe!

PiknMix
    Free Member

Digital subby here, I have so many old mags that the digital option only works out well.
    I discovered single track when stuck in a tent in snowdonia, thought it was a good read so ditched mbuk, mbr etc.

nsaints
    Free Member

Bored with the whole scene. Cancelled my subscription, the same with Privateer
    thats an uplifting post isn’t it 😐

I still like the banter on here though…yaa 🙂

ratherbeintobago

I subscribe to ST and Privateer. Currently get WMB but thinking about packing that in, and did used to get MBR. Can’t stand MBUK.

Andy

Flaperon

No – I find the content good but the typography deeply unpleasant. Perhaps my small brain just doesn’t appreciate taste.

drlex
    Free Member

<oblig.>There’s a magazine?</oblig.>

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

premier subscriber like the mag since thr relaunch the only bike mag i read used to read mbr but got very annoyed 👿 with the way one certain brand won every test 👿 picked up a copy singletrack in smiths that month 3years later still think it covers the types of riding that iam more intrested in 😀

Drac

Singlecrack I’ll highlight this for you.

For future reference anyone with any problems contact this email or number.

Missing orders or queries – despatch@singletrackworld.com – 01706 813344

Cheers.

nuke

I subscribe to ST.

Was going to get a umbrella but haven’t got around to it as the £6 P&P was a bit off putting

simmy
    Free Member

I only started MTBing again about 2 – 3 years ago and hadnt got a clue.

My Best Mate got me into it and I remember nodding like the Churchill dog when he was going on about Hardtails & Full Suss coz I didnt want to look like a idiot but I really didnt understand anything.

So I started buying MBUK and I subscribed to it which got me a basic knowledge of what stuff is about.

Eventually got myself a decent hardtail and now find MBUK too much like a “Boy Racer” magazine for my liking.

I was the same with the car magazines I used to get and stopped buying Max Power and bought Performance VW.

STW is spot on for me. As you can tell Im a Subscriber but the type of riding I do can be classed as pottering. I get out on my bike to escape day to day life, to find new and interesting places and to keep the weight off.

I do read the reviews as Im one of them who buys stuff to last so want to know mw hard earned is spent well.

Cougar

I subscribe, or rather, my OH does. I like it TBH, it’s something a bit different to the general mags that seem to be aimed at horny 14 year olds. As a horny 40 year old, I want something a little better produced.

sadexpunk

premier subscriber here, but these days just to support em really as i think they deserve it.

family problems, work etc mean i havent been on my bike in over a year now, but the amount of help, either bike related or real diverse stuff, ive had on here over the years has been priceless.

the latest mags still remain unopened, and i mean to start reading them again soon, see if i get my mojo back, but for now im happy to just pay the subs and still be a part of the forum 🙂

jp-t853

I used to buy three a year in smiths but I haven’t had one since the first revamp. I would never subscribe to a mag

Coyote
    Free Member

I would never subscribe to a mag

Why not?

Subscribe to Singletrack and Dirt. Between then they seem to cover everything I like about biking.

scaredypants

I get it on subscription – saves me getting socks for christmas from the outlaws

oh, and

…people like me that are more interested in going as fast as possible everywhere.

🙄 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 171 total)

The topic ‘Do YOU even buy Singletrack?’ is closed to new replies.