Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Do you dance?
  • camo16
    Free Member

Probably not on the firmest ground for mocking the clothing worn by others, while indulging in their hobby of choice, are we really?

Which means – if I have to have both – I’m definitely going to lock my wardrobe. 😯

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

I just got back from CLS where there was a Danish Strictly Come Dancing type course thing happening. Those people worked hard! They were up and Salsa-ing while i was still eating me porridge. They did a gala thing at the end of the week and they were really good and they all looked like they were having an awesome time.
    Maybe hang fire on the sequins though …

khani
    Free Member

Look on the bright side, in a few years you’ll be able to cha cha and rhumba your way down the black at degla.. It could be a new nich, extreem ballroom freeride DH, you could make videos..
    Be different from the usual manuals, big air and tail whips..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    camo16
    Free Member

All I can hope is that if I do go along – and if, as I predict, I become a badass ballroom legend – I’ll wake up one morning and my life will have seamlessly transformed into a musical.

Strangers will group together when I go into Asda and sing a little number about saving money every day when Mrscamo16 and I sache down the fresh fruit aisle looking for fresh chillis.

You, Khani and the STW mockers, will be at the bottom of the black run, cursing your steel and carbon frames, as we glide down the peak high-kicking over each obstacle as the music swells…

Then I’ll wonder how come I know words like ‘sache’ and stop shaving my chest hair.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Rhythm I got. Dancing I don’t.

Remember The Mary Whitehouse Experience? Hugh Dennis “this has got a good beat”? Thats me, that is

singletrackmind

Camo16 in just a few short weeks

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llUMU1jy_4g&list=RD02Q-Gljs8Y3Q8[/video]

Your misses is rather easy on the eye..

Ballroom LOLS

iainc

my 7 yr old dances in a hip hop class and is very good at it. He was on stage in front of 1000 people as part of their show Fri and Sat nights, incl a solo routine. The girls absolutely love him, and his mates are jealous of him 😆

What’s not to like ?…….if you’re a single 7 yr old 😛

Harry_the_Spider

I got roped into doing it a few years ago. The deal was that if the wife went on asking holiday with me I had to go to a dance class with her.

Stuck it out for about 5 years. 😐

It is a lot harder than you would think. If your mind isn’t on it you cock it up and get frustrated, thus cocking it up even more.

The tango and waltz were OK. The rumba is impossible and any of the others that involved grace or a sudden change of direction were a struggle for me because I refused to buy the proper shoes.

I can’t say that I enjoyed it, but I did get to go on a really ace skiing holiday.

You will have to break your ankle or get her pregnant to get out of it.

camo16
    Free Member

You will have to break your ankle or get her pregnant to get out of it.

😯

Damn. I like my ankles.

camo16
    Free Member

So, has anyone here busted a hot (ballroom) dance move and impressed people/gained in popularity/fired up some hotties?

* considers breaking ankle *

Harry_the_Spider

Get both done… Just to be sure.

chewkw
    Free Member

Unless you are a trained ballerina then you should not dance … have mercy on those people around you. They might have problems keeping food down after a meal after watching the dance routine.

khani
    Free Member

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Head above parapet…YES!

40’s/50’s Jive. Not for a while but used to do it fairly regularly when we lived nearer London and could get to decent Rock n Roll nights.

Gotama
    Free Member

Got dragged along to salsa a few years ago where the standard thing was to swap partners during the evening. During one adventurous twirl i managed to clobber some poor girl right in the middle of her forehead with my elbow with enough force to knock her onto her ass. 😳

Good luck. If you have rhythm it’s probably good fun. If, like me, you haven’t then it’s very frustrating, especially when good people make it look easy.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Wow this was my issue since grade school… Luckily i always have an excuse i can pull out of the hat.. Until last 3 yrs ago on that fateful night…..(was 32 yrs old) . Where i either i do it or im too be branded as uncool for the rest of my life by my subconscious mind… God knows how many shots of mixed beer whiskey and shooters for me to do it.. But i did dance (well thats what they said the next morning 🙄 ) and i passed-out 30min later.

buck53

Do I dance?

No, I don’t dance. I create poetry with my body.

I philosophise with my limbs. I’ll change your outlook on life with my feet, I’ll open your eyes to the beauty in this world with the electric slide, when I dance you’ll feel pangs of nostalgia for a time you never lived in.

My moves will change the world, if only it would stop to see.

What I’m saying is, occasionally, if I’ve had a drink.

camo16
    Free Member

And where do you drink, buck53?

This body petry phenomenon is something something, I think, all the group should witness first hand. 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Buck53 is Sheffield’s world sheffield famous body popping hobo*.

*is he still allive? surely no single body can handle that much special brew?

Milkie
    Free Member

Ballroom, Salsa, Jive (love it!) all well worth knowing. I know a little bit of most styles and learnt at an early age 10-16. Help’s with the ladies… a lot !!! 😉

Means you can tear up the dance floor all night! I really do too! I’m a good dancer, I think I’m amazing, but really I’m only good. 😆

buck53

And where do you drink, buck53?

At home, on my own mostly. Strange, that…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The ballroom dancing society was the biggest society when I was at Cardiff – I did it for two years – great fun.

When the Herb (Glen) Miller Band came round to play in the great hall all the usual drunken student oiks where barging around at the front, acting like they were at a gary glitter concert (…), whilst we glided, almost elegantly, round the back of the hall.

Lack of rhythm at dancing to contempory need not have anything to do with whether you can dance to ballroom.

Edukator
    Free Member

Yup, rock and roll every Thursday night. I get to dance with 20 other women from 15 to 50+ and Madame gets whirled around by 20 other blokes.

The Thursday night is easy enough but it’s essential to practice in between which can lead to two tired ratty dancers blaming each other for getting it wrong and not remembering the moves.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Do you dance?’ is closed to new replies.