Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Do you change your chain at .5 stretch? Xx0/1 users
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Bought a park cc-2 chain checker ( the one with the pins on) it seems much easier to tell precise chain stretch rather than a .75 / 1.0 go/no go type one

The lbs suggested changing the chain on xx1/0 about .5 to prolong the cassette, just wondered who else is doing this or are you still changing at .75 and still having the same slick shifting from a new chain?

Interested to know as don’t want to waste chain life but at the same time dont want to accelerate cassette wear for the sake of changing a chain a bit more frequent?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

.5 on a park checker is almost new!

I wait a lot longer than that Sram Xx and xx1 cassettes seem to have a good wear rate and last a fair while.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I haven’t even got a chain checker. If it lasts as long as the XX one I had before, it will be fine. The only ring that really wore was the big aluminium one, and I barely use that on the big cassette now.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I have a new xx1 chain and that read .25 just under just as a test, my current xx1 chain is just under .5 now through the windowed gap, so I reckon it’s ok just yet then cheers blazzin will keep an eye on it then

rone

I think it’s between the two from what I’ve read.

I’ve just switched mine at 1200 miles, about .70 or so. Experienced much more wear on triples. I use rock n’ roll lube and keep the thing clean.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Cheers hob nob have heard a few people say now how great the life span of these / xx cassettes seem to have , I was worried if already gone over it , but upon checking relieved to say it’s only just .5 at the moment

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Rone I agree I’m properly cleaning my chain after every ride so maybe that’s why it’s wearing quite well, as soon as the park tool looks like it’s over the .5 % mark (not totally visible in the window ) I’ll change it, everytime I clean the chain it basically rides like a brand new transmission, so smooth the xx1 stuff at shifting, hoping it stays this way and I don’t forget about changing before it’s too late

matay
    Free Member

wet or dry lube? whats the difference? ive always used finish line teflon, not sure which of the above it is.

Baznav
    Free Member

finish line Teflon with the red cap is dry.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Do you change your chain at .5 stretch? Xx0/1 users’ is closed to new replies.