Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Do worn out tyres roll quicker?
  • scruff
    Free Member

I’m looking at something to replace a highroller 2 on the back once it dries up, but if my tyres central tread is quite worn by then Shirley it will roll like a semi slick, or doesn’t it work like that?

brakes
    Free Member

yes – you used to be able to buy a high roller with smaller central knobs which made it faster for drier/ harder trails.

brakes
    Free Member

here we go

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scruff
    Free Member

That’s what made me think, Maxxis doing a few new ones aswell.

leftyboy
    Free Member

It roll quickly but it’ll also likely puncture,w e did BPW in Jan and my ridding buddy turned up with near terminally work tyres, the rolle OK but he puncture on every run until we swapped them out for some tyres with tread!

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Yup, I buy one HR at a time.

Once the rear is worn down to near useless I put a new one on the front and move the part worn old front tyre to the back.

nickc

Shirley it will roll like a semi slick, or doesn’t it work like that?

yeah it does, there’s a magic moment when tyres are just perfect, still enough knobs (ooh-err matron) to be grippy, but worn down enough to be faster…lasts ooohhhh about 1/2 ride 😆

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I had one of those HR semi slicks, bought on sale as an experiment.

You may as well just remove your rear brake! The fact that Peaty ran one of these on world cup DH tracks is further testament to the size of the guys nads.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Do worn out tyres roll quicker?’ is closed to new replies.