Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Do we worry too much about what our bikes are 'meant for'…?
  • juan
    Free Member

That's an interesting thread. I ran my HJ with longer fork than what it was meant to, and added to not walking down small steps, what was meant to happen, well happened. I had to get the headtube re-welded.
    Now I downgrade from a free-ride to an all mountain bike, and even if I ride faster, I don't get as much air as I used to. My lbs told me I should be careful when I hit stuff higher than one metre.

So I am not sure we are that careful with our bikes

epicyclo

Any bike, anywhere, any time.

julioflo
    Free Member

Great thread!
    Only thing that annoys me about having 1 bike is wearing out tyres quickly commuting!

DrP

I've been in your garage DrP! How many bikes? – ss, tandem, full suss…

I never said I was innocent to it all… 😉

DrP

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i think the idea is we all have to buy stuff cos it is really really really important that our economy grows. . .cant remember why this is right now but someone who works in marketing once told me so it must be true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I think it's always possible to change your bike a fair bit to tailor it to your needs more. I have a 5 inch travel full suspension bike and I changed the forks for 6 inch Pikes, replaced the big chainring with a bashguard and now it's more all mountain and a much more enjoyable ride.

I think fitness is a big thing too. I know folk with big heavy bouncy bikes and they can do uphill and xc on them no prob because they're fit enough.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Do we worry too much about what our bikes are 'meant for'…?’ is closed to new replies.