• This topic has 60 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Do we know the outcome of the bike with the 120mm discs?
  • bruneep

The thread was removed yesterday, has there been a resolution yet?

You had to be about yesterday to know what this is about.

househusband

Sold to 'bidder 3' – wonder if that was tails?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

No bombers?

tails
    Free Member

Hi not good out come at the mo. If anyone is very internet savvy let me know.

Houns

Police ballsed up the meet apparently

tails
    Free Member

Didn't they just, and they wonder why normal folk don't like them.

geoffj

Twunts – almost as bad as the basterd that knicked it – formal complaint to the IPCC.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

I was nearly right about the old bill then…. 🙄

Smee
    Free Member

FFS.

tails
    Free Member

As I know you all like a bit of gossip

"We set up meeting to buy it cash and they turned up. The police didn’t even chase them . we ended up giving chase and lost them. The car was seen driven an hour later in the area the bike was stolen/suspected to be."

As the auction ended early my bid was never placed. I'm thinking but am currently stumped for ideas.

walla24
    Free Member

man that sucks!
    Can't you some how get there address' ie from numberplates-ebay-paypal via police?
    (sorry prob obvious suggestions)

Cant believe the cops did nothing, idiots!

lord
    Free Member

ffs indeed

vinnyeh

oh dear. For once I thought this was going to have a positive outcome. 😥

How did you persuade the police to come out anyway- thought they weren't interested in acting on stuff like this?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Can't say i'm suprised they fudged it up.
    Personally I would never have involved the police, rather just turned up en masse, with a bat. Depending upon his attitude, the bat may or may not have been used.
    Was in a similar situation about 10 years ago. Had a motorcross bike knicked. Managed to find who had it, just went round with about 15 lads. Said we can do this easy or hard. The lad didn't even think about it. It was all very civilised in the end and I think he learned a valuable lesson too.

tails
    Free Member

How did you persuade the police to come out anyway- thought they weren't interested in acting on stuff like this?

You'd have to ask jedi thats just what he emailed me. I'm bit stumped on ways to track the guy.

lord
    Free Member

possibly contact people who bought from him in the past see if they know the gentleman ?

tails
    Free Member

lord thats top idea.

keyses2

tails – whats your email address ?

bruneep

Can't ebay help?

Stolen Property

The sale of stolen property is strictly forbidden on eBay, and breaches UK, Irish and international law. eBay strongly supports law enforcement efforts to recover stolen property that is listed on its web site, and urges the prosecution of those responsible for knowingly attempting to sell such items on eBay. Stolen property includes items taken from private individuals, as well as property taken without authorisation from companies or governments.

If you see an item on eBay that you believe is stolen, your best course is to contact law enforcement immediately. Under eBay's privacy rules, our lawyers will provide important records about pending and past listings with an official request from law enforcement officials. Please inform the police officer handling the case that eBay will be pleased to cooperate in the investigation, and ask the officer to contact eBay via the Law Enforcement area in the Safety Centre. It is important that these methods of contact be reserved for law enforcement use only, as it enables us to respond quickly in case of emergencies. Emails/faxes directed to these areas that are not from law enforcement will be routed to the appropriate mailbox or individual accordingly and may cause delays in response time.

If you are concerned that your images, text, or HTML in your item description have been used by another eBay user without your authorisation, please read the Copyright Basics Help. If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been breached by an eBay auction, read 'Helping to Protect Intellectual Property' for more information.

then again…

lord
    Free Member

might be wrong but i think if you bid on an item you can request contact details from ebay , hope it helps

tails
    Free Member

keyses2 – you have mail.

keyses2

Tails YGM

allthepies
    Free Member

Did anyone get a numberplate ?

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Surely the bloke who was selling it has his name and address registered with Ebay
    The winning bidder should be able to request it, he must either be the thief or know who it is

tails
    Free Member

Fingers crossed :mrgreen:

jedi

we got pics and everything even thought the police at baldock **** up. we tracked him down tonight and called the police. no demo9 yet but i got him!
    he's in nick now . i dont care if i dont get the bike as much as i know i found the man who thought he could nick from me and get away!

PJ266
    Free Member

Good.

jedi

hope he spills. we found his aliases etc…. not just bikes

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Sorry to hear your bike's still out there but top work in cornering the rat bastard.

4ndyB
    Free Member

good to hear you found the scrote

hopefully he will not be nicking anyone else's stuff for some time & you get your Demo 9 back

RichPenny
    Free Member

😀

juiced
    Free Member

good work. Hope you get it back.

keyses2

Nice one, good result after what must have been a very frustrating situation yesterday.

lord
    Free Member

ill keep lookin for you.

hora
    Free Member

Ah missed this. Reading through all the above- I get the jist. Let us know how you get on..

jedi

no bike still, they got one of the 2 in the car so far.
    the intel i got together has blown the police away

pacemaker
    Free Member

Glad to hear it is looking more promising, but it would have been more satisfying with a bat… 😀

allthepies
    Free Member

>the intel i got together has blown the police away

If it's not giving too much away how did you manage to get so much stuff together in a short space of time ?

jedi

my brother is a terrorism expert

jedi

uses only public access 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Do we know the outcome of the bike with the 120mm discs?’ is closed to new replies.