Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Do vegetarians live longer than non-vegetarians?
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

Discuss

jordie
    Free Member

Definetly maybe 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Do they taste better?

MrTall
    Free Member

Ask Linda Macartney?

donsimon
    Free Member

No, but they do turn to compost a lot quicker…

jonnyrobertson

RealMan
    Free Member

tazzymtb

speaker2animals

Well we found out since X-mas that one of my friends who has been veggie, slim and fit for 20 years, is 46 years old has terminal cancer. So I have to say, in some cases NO.

I always come back to the “we don’t get issued a best by date”. I do get wound up at times by the “doing this/no doing that” will add 4 years to your life. On a statistical analysis of a population this could well be true. On a person to person case NO ONE can honestly say. We all know that certain things will increase your chances of dying “early” and other things may decrease your chances. The trouble is you don’t have a bench mark for you to base your calculation on.

You pays your money and makes your choice. If being a veggie makes you feel better/happier I say do it. But don’t make yourself miserable for an outcome that you have no real control over.

ebygomm
    Free Member

But don’t make yourself miserable for an outcome that you have no real control over.

I think that’s a very good point, whenever I see the latest “X gives you cancer” stories, I think that worrying about these things is probably more detrimental to your health than X (within reason of course, I’m aware there are plenty of things X could be that are unequivocally damaging but they’re not normally what these stories are about)

Torminalis
    Free Member

stevemtb
    Free Member

No they don’t. With every meal being the boring green sh!t that real people only in small quantities to keep bowel movements regular they just tend to give up. A nice steak or chicken curry, or xmas dinner, keeps us normals going much longer.

Of course I’m just kidding and don’t have a clue who lasts longer.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Been veggie a while now and I’m just about still alive. You can be veggie and eat crap or eat sensible proportions of good quality meat. So I’d say the answer is probably not necessarily.

hels
    Free Member

It probably feels like longer.

clubber
    Free Member

Almost certainly but jeez they’re miserable sanctimonious feckers for all of it.

Just kidding of course but I don’t fancy it. Statistically you’ll also live longer if you give up cycling and just do all the training on a turbo.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Why is it if you go to an ordinary restaurant there’s always a veggie option but if you go to a veggie restaurant there’s no option?!

hels
    Free Member

Because vegetarians are people that don’t eat meat. Meat-eaters aren’t people who don’t eat vegetables (except maybe in Scotland). What do they teach you in schools these days ?

tankslapper
    Free Member

hels – Member
    Because vegetarians are people that don’t eat meat. Meat-eaters aren’t people who don’t eat vegetables (except maybe in Scotland). What do they teach you in schools these days

Nah mate! That’s just called bad manners and forcing your opinions on others – which I thought veggies where at least against?!

Are people being forced to eat in vegetarian restaurants ?
    This is outrageous.

ratherbeintobago

(except maybe in Scotland)

I think you’ll find that chips are a form of vegetable, albeit one fried in beef dripping.

Andy

(DOI – Glaswegian)

float
    Free Member

mudmonster – Member
    You can be veggie and eat crap or eat sensible proportions of good quality meat.

last time i checked, vegetarians didnt eat meat. or are you a vegetarian who eats fish and chicken, because they dont count as meat 🙄

tang
    Free Member

ive never eaten fish or meat, but the welsh doctor(deepest darkest wales in the 70’s) said to my hippy parents, ‘he will die by the time he is 3 if he doesnt eat meat’. i know a few of 90+ who are lifelong veggies. i think there are many other factors involved! are not some okinawan islanders the the ones with the longest life expectancy? lots of fish/rice/steamed veg and hardly any fat?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I assume they mean -when they say or that it then refers to a [seperate new person] healthy meat eater as the alternative is too much of a contradiction.
    If a vegetarian restauraunt served meat it would stop being a vegetarian restauraunt so it is impossible to buy meat in a vegetarian restaurant.

tazzymtb

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKTsWjbjQ8E[/video]

mudmonster
    Free Member

[last time i checked, vegetarians didnt eat meat. or are you a vegetarian who eats fish and chicken, because they dont count as meat ]

Yes maybe could have worded that better.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Adolf Hitler was a teetotaler, a non-smoker, and mostly ate a vegetarian diet. He died aged 56.

Winston Churchill was a heavy drinking, cigar smoking, meat eater. He died aged 91.

Says it all really.

samuri
    Free Member

Plus churchill always looked a lot chirpier.
    Every time I see Hitler he’s just ranting about this or shouting about that. What he needed was a really good, heavy shit.

Then he’d have felt a lot better and not introduced the purest form of human evil the world has ever seen.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Do vegetarians live longer than non-vegetarians?’ is closed to new replies.