Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Do these guys think we're even dimmer than they are?
  • Orange-Crush
    Free Member

I’ve just received a spam mail telling me to claim back overpaid income tax.

Leaving aside the rest, I had to laugh at the optimism of such a mailing bearing the signature “Best Regards, HM Revenue and Customs”. What a give away.

busydog
    Free Member

Guess that the UK and the US governments just have too much cash lying around–I got a similar notice from the Internal Revenue Service here a couple days ago.

CountZero

I had a letter a while back from HMRC, saying something about money owed. ‘Crap’, I thought, they’ve cocked up my tax number, like they’ve done with all the others.
    Then I checked, to see what the total damage to my bank account was going to be, and discovered that they owed me £220, and the cheque was attached… 😀

maccruiskeen

I’ve just received a spam mail telling me to claim back overpaid income tax.

The funny thing is the real hmrc refund you first, then write to tell you they’ve done it. Between us me and the gf had a total of £5k turn up in our bank accounts earlier this year. It was about 2 weeks later we got letters telling us where it came from. So disappointing when you realise it’s your own money being handed back to you and not some mystery benefactor.

Spin
    Free Member

So disappointing when you realise it’s your own money being handed back to you and not some mystery benefactor

You sure it wasn’t one of those nice Nigerian fellows?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Do these guys think we're even dimmer than they are?’ is closed to new replies.