Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Do Specialized make a 27.5" Ground Control in a 2.3" width?
  • keppoch

I have a 26″ version in a 2.3″ width but can only see a 2.1″ width in the 27.5″ size. Am I missing something or does extra diameter make up for lack of width 😉

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Most likely Specialized choosing not to bring it into the UK, much more available elsewhere. Bike24 is normally a good source for the stuff they choose not to bring into the UK.

keppoch

Thanks, you are right, they have it…

http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;search=ground+control;menu=1000%2C2%2C103%2C317;product=98782

But only ship to Germany – Specialized clearly not keen on us having them!

keppoch

Hmm, that being the case can anyone recommend a tyre that is a bit like a 2.3″ Ground Control but available in 27.5″. It’s going on the front.

warns74
    Free Member

But only ship to Germany – Specialized clearly not keen on us having them!

Are you sure? I changed the country/language option in the top right to UK then added the tyre to the basket and it worked out EUROS 5.95 to ship to the UK?

keppoch

Ah I ordered and then they cancelled my order. “not permitted to ship Specialized goods outside Germany”

So back to recommendations for something similar!

1timmy1
    Free Member

I’m running a Purgatory Control on the front:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/purgatory-control-2bliss-ready-650b-275-mountain-bike-tyre-ec071188

Also the Ground Control 2.1 on the rear.

tenfoot

Weird. I have a 2015 Rockhopper 650b that came with Ground Control 2.3, so I assumed they would sell them “after market” too.

keppoch

Hmm, I have had a Purgatory on the front but think the Ground Control is better. Looks like I am going to have to find something different!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Do Specialized make a 27.5" Ground Control in a 2.3" width?’ is closed to new replies.