Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Do something amazing today…
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

I was reading this…

ivorhogseye – Member
    My friend killed himself just before Christmas. His funeral was filled with very close and very good friends. I just wish he could have seen the amount of love there was for him before he did it.
    We’ll never get over it. Such a waste of an amazing man.
    Leaves terrible what ifs.

I hope it was love, rather than something else, but here’s my suggestion:

Tell one of your mates, or a loved one, the one who you think might be a bit down in the dumps, that you are glad you are buddies etc and highlight something you like about them.

Repeat every day, but to a different person in your contact list.

Life is too short, so don’t keep positive thoughts about someone to yourself. Generosity of spirit goes a long way and while you might feel a bit silly, you could be really helping someone who is internally crying out for some moral support.

And that applies to me too, I am a galaxy away from perfect!

Cougar

I’ve always thought it a shame that we always wait for death to celebrate life.

Like, they’ll shut down a TV channel’s regular broadcasting for the night in order to run tributes to a recently deceased celebrity instead, where everyone comes out of the woodwork to say how great they were, meanwhile the old celeb in question had died in relative obscurity as a has-been.

If someone’s great, we should go “hey, you’re great” while they’re still alive to go, “oh, ta.”

samuri
    Free Member

Everybody who is ever murdered by someone is always referred to as a lovely person. Why can’t horrible people get killed sometimes?

But the OP is right, you think someone is brilliant, tell them so. They might not realise everyone loves them and then top themselves or get a job in public sector or something.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    big_scot_nanny

done. Excellent idea.

jamj1974

I try and do it – must admit though I probably don’t do it enough!

cynic-al
    Free Member

You guys are awesome 😀

Spongebob
    Free Member

They might not realise everyone loves them and then top themselves or get a job in public sector or something.

😆

You are awesome Samurai!

There!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Do something amazing today…’ is closed to new replies.