Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Do some dogs suffer with the heat more than others?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

So our high boy seems to (amongst other things) suffer when it’s warm. Got home today and it’s about 19/20 degrees on the patio. He’s running round big time chasing laddo on the trampoline. That’s all fine until he tries to settle when he pants so short and quickly it makes me think he’s going to have a fit. Now I appreciate dogs pant etc etc but this just seems a bit excessive?

jam-bo

Dogs don’t sweat, they lose heat by panting.

But yes, my long haired collie was crap in the heat. In the summer I’d only take him out with me riding early or late with a river on route to cool him down.

mtbfix

Keith is skinny and short haired. He flakes in the heat. We got him a cool vest last summer. Dunk it in water before you put it on so he loses heat quicker.

slowoldman

mtbfix

@slowoldman – after Bontrager, not Richards.

anagallis_arvensis

Our lucher hasnt got a thick coat by any means but she hates the heat and doesnt run at all when its hot. She also seems to go off her food a bit when it warms up. Have noticed it this week.

mattbee

How old is yours, op? Our 8 year old idiot is was often panting in short sharp bursts and it turns out he has the canine version of copd so he’s now on bronchodilators.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Do some dogs suffer with the heat more than others?’ is closed to new replies.