Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Do right-wing views age you?
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie_Lynch that photo is amazing, where’s it from?

What Toffs and Toughs?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toffs_and_Toughs

If you read ‘boys in later life’ it’s quite sad what happened to the Toffs, in contrast the Toughs had longer/more fulfilling lives.

mattyfez

I think I’m becoming more liberal, mainly as I appreciate now, in the information age, how desperate the plight of many is.

I used to be a conservative voter until my mid 20’s

mefty
    Free Member

“Proper attire” can be somewhat subjective, a bit like like “trendy clothes”

They look frightfully smart, however a similarly attired adult could cause frustration if one were seated behind him at Lord’s. I think I prefer the modern convention in this instance.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

however a similarly attired adult could cause frustration if one were seated behind him at Lord’s

What’s the matter with you?……you’d only need to ask him politely to remove his hat. If he didn’t I’d gob on it.

chiefgrooveguru

I’m enjoying becoming more liberal as I get older – I like doing the opposite of what I’m supposed to.

Ditto. And the strange thing is I run a small yet growing capitalist business!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the strange thing is I run a small yet growing capitalist business!

So did Friedrich Engels and he wanted to overthrow the system.

There’s nowt so queer as folk.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

“Hello French polishers, it’s just possible you could save my life”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

rone

Caroline Lucas’ (in that photo) skin and neck in particular look way younger than her age. Forget the clothes it’s all in the skin.

egb81
    Free Member

Left/right, or liberal/conservative needs to be broken down into two parts, socially and economically. As I get older I’m increasingly socially liberal and I understand some of the merits of capitalism, though I still think it’s a done all wrong for the most part. A bit further left and right from a pretty left wing baseline.

JoeG
    Free Member

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Surely William Hague disproves the theory? Simultaneously looking like a throw back to the Victorian era whilst looking like a newly born baby??

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

That quote JoeG is very similar to this one, which fits better into the thread btw :

However both quotes are among the multitude of quotes which Churchill never said. Here’s a few more :

http://www.winstonchurchill.org/resources/quotations/135-quotes-falsely-attributed

And here’s a Top Tip : if you want to sound intelligent at a dinner party say to those you want to impress “wasn’t it Churchill who once said” and then spurt out any old bollocks you can think of. No one will challenge you and it’ll be assume that you are particularly well-informed. I have never tried it myself personally but I can’t see how it could fail.

JoeG
    Free Member

walleater

And here’s a Top Tip : if you want to sound intelligent at a dinner party say to those you want to impress “wasn’t it Churchill who once said” and then spurt out any old bollocks you can think of. No one will challenge you and it’ll be assume that you are particularly well-informed. I have never tried it myself personally but I can’t see how it could fail.

Yeah, much safer than quoting what the bell-end actually did say. Like advocating forced sterilization and sending mentally handicapped people to labour camps 😉

Churchill and Eugenics

GrahamS

it’s quite sad what happened to the Toffs

? 😆

lazybike
    Free Member

I blame the government…

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Do right-wing views age you?’ is closed to new replies.