• This topic has 26 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by mlke.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Do Range Rover Sports come with Highway Code exemption as standard??
  • rockhopper70

Two bad drivers today. One up t’harse and other cut over a mini’ish roundabout to turn right nearly hitting side of me. Both in sports. 😕
    Coincidence???

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Disco drivers are just as bad.

donsimon
    Free Member

I was trying to work out today if there is a new GPS system with live recording of the traffic, the number of people who overtook me on blind bends was incredible.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I had a guy in one of those going off his nut today because i had the temerity to slow down to turn left at a junction.

j_me
    Free Member

cut over a mini’ish roundabout to turn right nearly hitting side of me

Assuming you were in a car…..If he was turning right at a round about should you not have given way to him?

Kuco

I’ve found the Range Rover to be the new BMW.

mazdarati

Watch those lads – The only people who drive RR Sports in Ireland are the Pikeys, prob better to give way as the chances of the thing being owned, taxed, insured by the actually driver are not so great 🙂

Kuco

mazdarati not just Ireland. I was working in Wellingborough by a rather dodgy caravan park and a Range Rover went flying in closely followed by 2 police cars. 15 minutes later 2 more police cars full of police and the police meat wagon turned up. Not long after the Range Rover came out driven by two policemen and the rest of the police with a lot of banging coming from inside the meat wagon.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Jealousy, maybe? I’d love a Range Rover, can’t afford one,

mazdarati

LOL most definitely not jealousy. Trying to find the newspaper article about the 15 RR Sports impounded in Rathkeale Co Limerick last xmas 🙂

rockhopper70

cut over a mini’ish roundabout to turn right nearly hitting side of me

Assuming you were in a car…..If he was turning right at a round about should you not have given way to him?

No. He was following me ontothe roundabout and we were both turning right. Shorter route for him with 4 wheel drive I suppose.

j_me
    Free Member

Sorry…….hadn’t envisaged that scenario 🙂

rockhopper70

paulosoxo – Member
    Jealousy, maybe? I’d love a Range Rover, can’t afford one,
    POSTED 4 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

No desire for a sport. Standard ranges are nice but not my bag. No jealousy here tho.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

They’ll be the local drug dealers Rockhopper. Best to stay clear.

anotherstan
    Free Member

Two bad drivers today. One up t’harse and other cut over a mini’ish roundabout to turn right nearly hitting side of me. Both in sports.
    Coincidence???

yes,probably

roblane65
    Free Member

why is it people seam to have it in for 4x4s,is it that you notice them more because of there size? well work this out,every 3 out of 10 drivers are shit and drive like there the only vehicle on the road.so 4x4s make up1 out of every 50ish vehicles on the road,work the mathes out youself.By the way I’ve got a 4.0i V8 discovery and it’s great.

rockhopper70

Maybe they are noticed more when there is a numpty behind the wheel…a large chrome grill on your boot or bearing down from the side is of course more obvious that a saloon car or whatever.
    I’m glad you like your Disco and I don’t seem to be hussled off the road by these, just the RR Sports.

takisawa2

1 in 50…
    Is that correct ?

RR Sport is a statement – “I’ve re-mortgaged my semi to fund my car” being the usual one. 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

roblane65 – Member

why is it people seam to have it in for 4x4s,is it that you notice them more because of there size?

It is because of thier size – they are harder for the muppets to place accurately on the road and are clumsy – and the drivers are often arrogant.

Driven by distracted mums on the school run who can’t handle a vehicle of that size, or arrogant cocks who think that cyclist don’t belong on the road – or occasionally people who actually need a 4×4

TheBrick
    Free Member

but Jeremy didn’t you see the once in twenty years snow that happened last year? and the state of the road plus I’ve moved to the country and you need to have a 4×4 to negotiate the roads, plus I need a massive car because once a year I have to carry a lawn mower.

Ranger rover sports are bond to be driven by ****. They are as far from a work vehicle as possible, they are a luxury 4×4 but with the added arrogance of trying to make the drive unlike a 4×4 but with the presence for the “get out of my way” attitude.

roblane65 – Member
    why is it people seam to have it in for 4x4s,is it that you notice them more because of there size? well work this out,every 3 out of 10 drivers are shit and drive like there the only vehicle on the road.so 4x4s make up1 out of every 50ish vehicles on the road,work the mathes out youself.By the way I’ve got a 4.0i V8 discovery and it’s great.

This is an excellent post. It dose wonders for the cause of V8 4×4 drivers.

jam-bo

I see plenty of shite driving in rubbish cars. Not many posts about it on here though…

ampthill

BMW X5 is my personnal observation for the worst driven car. Same concept though. Big powerful road presence not really for off road use….

Yes I see badly driven cheap cars. But X5 drivers seem more arrogant than careless

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

RR Sport is a statement – “I’ve re-mortgaged my semi to fund my car” being the usual one

lol at this one! Locally someone has a 60 reg “proper” RR, not the sport, they live in a 3 bed semi that my brother inhabited a few years ago, and current prices for houses in that area seem to be between 110k & 120K. The whole area isn’t spectacularly affluent, so I can’t figure what this person is trying to say other than the obvious – I’m in debt up to the hilt and want people to notice my car!

Black RR sports are usually the “small” car driven by drug dealers girlfriends around here!

Kuco

I’ve got nothing against 4×4’s considering I drive a L200 for work and I don’t have no trouble in parking it thanks 😉 But i’d admit I would never have one for personal use as i’ve got no need for a 4×4 out of work, they are dearer to run, tax and insure thats why I drive a boring old Focus.

spacemonkey

While biking along a quiet residential road a few weeks back, I got passed by a RR Sport doing about 50 – and the c&*t was only a few inches off my shoulder. 100 yds later I caught him at a mini-roundabout whereupoin there was a Fiesta ahead of him waiting to turn right. The pompous kn0b in the RR decided he couldn’t be bothered to wait for the Fiesta to navigate out, so he reversed a couple of yards and then floored it so as to cut up the Fiesta (already turning right) and force an oncoming car on the opposite approach to anchor on else get flattened. A completely c&*tish manouvre in my book, and one that sums up a fair few 4×4 owners out there.

andytherocketeer

Saw the other drug dealer’s / pimp’s car the other day… Black Porsche Cayenne, Blacked-out windows, lowered suspension that was so low it would have had to take it very gingerly over a speed bump. wtf!? 😕

mlke
    Free Member

I notice them as the consequences of a low speed crash involving a 4×4 (or a truck) are more severe than with a car.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Do Range Rover Sports come with Highway Code exemption as standard??’ is closed to new replies.