• This topic has 47 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • do posh cars NOT have rear wipers?
  • Kahurangi

Rubber edge on ice scraper. 15 seconds. Off you go.

I love how the inability to see out of a car is somehow down to the design rather than the operator..!

I came here to say this.

It works on your side windows too, so on those damp morning when the car is coated with dew & mizzle, you cna clear your car and ensure adequate all-round visibility when you set off, before you hit anyone! Imagine that!

molgrips
    Free Member

Rubber edge on ice scraper. 15 seconds. Off you go

Being a functioning adult with a reasonable amount of intelligence, it had in fact already occurred to me to do this.

It’s less convenient though, that’s all. Plus, as mentioned above, the rear window gets rainy when driving slowly or stopped at lights.

ransos
    Free Member

Which is why estate cars that have vertical rear windows don’t need wipers… Hang on a sec…

Vertical rear windows need wipers because of spray, not falling rain.

Next!

ebygomm
    Free Member

When my mum bought her Micra (back in 1993) she went for one model up from the most basic because the basic wasn’t fitted with a rear windscreen wiper! (hatchback design)

thegreatape
    Free Member

If you buy a new Porsche 911 for £71,000, then they are kind enough to offer you a rear wiper for only £235 extra. Bargain.

ransos
    Free Member

When my mum bought her Micra (back in 1993) she went for one model up from the most basic because the basic wasn’t fitted with a rear windscreen wiper! (hatchback design)

My Citroen AX didn’t have a rear wiper – the only way in which it was comparable to a BMW. I say that because the indicators worked just fine.

tonyd

I drive a BMW estate touring with a rear wiper but my indicators don’t work, every time I try them the windscreen wipers come on.

Badum tish

DrP

Ahhhh, so it’s the saloon aspect, not poshness….
    Btw-my not posh skoda hatch has both rear wiper and heated wing mirrors!

Pimped!

DrP

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘do posh cars NOT have rear wipers?’ is closed to new replies.