Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Do phone unlock codes work?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

As in the ones available online for a few quid? Thinking of a Galaxy S5 or LG G3, both of which are locked currently so would need to get it unlocked but dont want to root.

bruneep

Used this site when I bought S5 off ebay no issues at all. http://www.cellunlocker.net/

walla24
    Free Member

yep worked for me, cheapest i could find on ebay

nick1962
    Free Member

Yes unlocked two phones with an ebay unlocker.Figured if it didnt work I could always raise a dispute.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The mrs did a blackberry the other week after her phone died and it worked as a temporary phone.

crankboy
    Free Member

EBay site successfully done all our phones .

maccruiskeen

How much are you all paying? I thought you just called your network and they give you an unlock code for free don’t they? Or am I imagining that.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Won’t work on any iPhone after the 4 though despite what the unlock sites might tell you!

molgrips
    Free Member

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Depends on the phone. I posted a PSA on here about 6 months ago for a decent site that didn’t seem dodgy, you’d have to search for it though.

Jamie
    Free Member

I unlocked a Moto G using Simon Green: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/simonsempire/

Worked fine.

IA

Operators HAVE to let you unlock if you ask them, though can charge an admin fee of (IIRC) up to £15.

Call and ask?

O2 at least will give you it for free if you’re on a contract, even if the phone wasn’t originally on an O2 contract…

loddrik
    Free Member

How much do the eBay ones cost?

Cougar

More than “free” I expect.

Really, I fail to see why people insist on going to the darkest corners of the Internet or some dodgy market stall to this when the current providers will do it officially. The only reason I can see is if the provider is being arsey after it’s been sold to someone else.

Though TBH, why they’re still allowed to even lock them in the first place I don’t know.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Do phone unlock codes work?’ is closed to new replies.