Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Do people who smoke in your workplace do less work?
  • DrJ

douche-flute

🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nothing more satisfying as watching the smokers clucking during emergency exercises when smoking or going outside was banned for a massive 3hrs. Next is them trying to claim their robot clocks are fine to suck on indoors.

piemonster

You should come to Burnley

On behalf of everyone not currently in Burnley.

No thanks

Mister-P
    Free Member

The two people who do least at our place are both non-smokers.

funkmasterp

I don’t think I was any less productive when I smoked. I find that swearing a lot is an easier, cheaper and more fun way to annoy uptight people. Can’t swear at home, so have to get the F bombs in whilst I can 😀

BigDummy
    Free Member

Between drinking coffee, drinking tea, drinking water, going for a wee, going for a tug, having a nap, having a snack and other associated faff, I’m confident I do no more work than your average smokesperson. 🙂

nickhit3
    Free Member

Shortly after, I went onto the shop floor one morning to a large, carefully made sign hanging from the rafters over an empty corner:

“NON SMOKING AREA – COME HERE FOR A CHAT WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT AND LET SOME OTHER ****ER DO YOUR WORK”

excellent

newrobdob
    Free Member

I rest easy as I know the smokers pay my pension as they won’t be around to collect theirs.

Emphysema – slowly being choked to death, have fun in your retirement guys. 😉

maccruiskeen

NSFW – but you’re not here while you’re at work are you

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKH9ECC_Qa4[/video]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And, if you work from home….

[video]https://youtu.be/co_DNpTMKXk[/video]

binners

Since packing in smoking I probably spend more of my working day eating crisps than I ever used to do nipping out for a fag 😥

taxi25
    Free Member

Emphysema – slowly being choked to death, have fun in your retirement guys.

Or like my father who never smoked, he died senile pissing and fouling himself in a nappie. Choose your poison, death often isn’t easy however it comes 🙁

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I don’t have any real gripes with the odd fag break for the people at our work, like people say it often balances out with the people faffing with the aero press coffee bobbins too, though as with most things there are people who take the proverbial – the boss clocked one girl going for 14 fag breaks one day, about 15 minutes each. Even with his mathematical prowess he’d worked out that was 2 1/2 hours she wasn’t working. Cue one ‘chat’ and a grumpy worker the following day.

rocketman
    Free Member

We have a few folks who smoke and when the law was introduced (2007?) they voluntarily agreed to take a pay cut so they could take more breaks

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

Answering the op’s question, no thats talking bollocks. when i was a welder and a smoker a co’worker complained to the boss that every time i had finished welding up a paper bank i sat on my bench and smoked a fag (pre smoking ban)there for he should get more money because he worked for longer. the boss then pointed out to him i had finished welding 8 paper banks that day to his 3

maccruiskeen

And, if you work from home….

Now it turns out you can do the work you’d normally do at home in the office (for 3 days out of 5)

Get paid £28k per annum for you handywork

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I used to work on a building site and i was the only non smoker, got right brassed off with it, so every hour i sat down for 5 mins for a break.
    When the gaffer spotted me he went ballistic, did i take any notice? did i b******

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Do people who smoke in your workplace do less work?’ is closed to new replies.