Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Do people tend to look on the new Wanted section?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve been noticing I’m getting far fewer offers of parts when I post a WTD ad on the WTD section than when the FS/WTD forum was mixed.

I have to admit that whilst posting just as many FS posts I tend to not bother with the WTD unless I want something.

Anyone else noticing this? On browsing there seems to be alot more WTD ads with no replies.

Not a critscm by the way just something I’ve picked up on.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I check the wanted fairly frequently. Although not aa frequently as I check the Classifieds.

the-muffin-man

Since the split I rarely check either anymore.

wwaswas

I’ve been keeping an eye on and responding to the wtd ads.

To be frank, and given that people are asking to be sold stuff, the lack of even a ‘thanks but no thanks’ email in return has been a bit irritating.

uplink
    Free Member

I don’t bother with it TBH

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah I always thank people if I’m not taking what they offered. Simply because they have given their time to respond.

The way I see it a far lesser audience are now seeing the wanted ads.

Did anyone have a problem with the format before? What prompted a change?

I’d just like to point out this isn’t me moaning or complaining i just wanted to see if others are finding the same issues.

z1ppy

I like the spilt, as it means the page/thread turn over isn’t as quick in the for sale section. BUT I doubt you get as many ppl browsing the classified, but weren’t planning to try to sell anything, seeing a WTD Ad and realising they could fulfil it.

rOcKeTdOg

never have yet

theboatman
    Free Member

Nope I’ve not checked it once, I’m not looking at the FS section as much either, but I’m not really sure why the latter. I had thought the split was a good idea initially.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Yes, I have a look a couple of times a day. I may have a bit that I don’t need but haven’t got round to advertising that someone wants.

clubber
    Free Member

Nah, it’s crap now it’s split. I almost never check the wanteds now whereas before I responded to plenty of wtd ads.

scaredypants

rarely look at FS, never at WTD

whippersnapper
    Free Member

yep, I’ve used it. It gave me more success than trying to sell bits and bobs (well bit and bob).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Do people tend to look on the new Wanted section?’ is closed to new replies.