Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • do people ride tough alpine downhill on fully rigid? looking for good video !
  • kaiser
    Free Member

any links/stories etc much appreciated .Recently started on rigid again at 53yrs age and can’t understand how people can do rooty/rocky stuff at speed without serious injury!
    thanks in advance
    Bill

creagbhan
    bedmaker

Fully rigid, but with a 4.8″ tyre so kinda cheating. 🙂

Lots and lots of Spanish rock. FF to 5.46, 7.15 and 9.55 for some of the rockiest stuff. The camera flattens things out a bit as usual.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLAsqjHZb00[/video]

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Look for Jinya Nishiwaki riding his hardtail in Pemberton and Whistler…ooft so smooth

rickmeister

Friends wife rode the Mega on a fully rigid bike 2 years ago… so, I guess thats a yes.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Unless its a purpose made knarly downhill track I can’t see why not. There was a time before suspension forks you know……

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

evidently I can’t read.. ignore me!

legend
    Free Member

newrobdob – Member

Unless its a purpose made knarly downhill track I can’t see why not. There was a time before suspension forks you know……

Why stop there? Lad called Iain Ezzie used to race the full SDA series (Ft. Bill and Dunkeld included) on a rigid

kaiser
    Free Member

why not? ….try it and you may see why..(well you probably won’t see very well!)

Northwind

It’s not alpine but riding hard stuff on a rigid is great fun, I got funny looks putting my rigid carrera on the innerleithen cattle truck. Braking bumps are horrendous, mind.

I post this quite often but here’s Jesse Wigman, doing the fort william endurance downhill on a rigid bike:

He beat most of the field- I beat him by 1 place, and I was on a dh bike 😆 I could definitely ride fort william on a rigid, but he did it 13 times in a day.

13thfloormonk

Lad called Iain Ezzie used to race the full SDA series

‘Race’ is putting it generously 8) I would only check the results on the off-chance that I maybe hadn’t come last, don’t recall it ever happening! 😀

Think trailrat on here might have seriously embarrassed me at one of the Strathyre rounds when he was forced to ride rigid, but thankfully I had an excuse to leave before the race runs that weekend.

I could definitely ride fort william on a rigid, but he did it 13 times in a day.

I did it once, with a mid run stop to change V-Brake pads in the midgies. Did not go up for another run.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘do people ride tough alpine downhill on fully rigid? looking for good video !’ is closed to new replies.