Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Do "over the top" elbow pads exist?
  • cb

As mentioned in a previous thread, I had a fall and knacked my elbow enough to want pads. Only time I’ve ever worn them was years ago and they just strapped on over whatever clothing as required.

I’ve got some Troy Lee, IXS and 2 types of POC here to choose from but they are all “sleeve” types. There’s no way these will go on over clothing and I can’t see base layers or tight jackets going on over the top either!

Is it only DHers that wear these things with baggy tops? Anyhitng decent that goes on with just straps?

Cheers

tomhoward

Gform are pretty low profile, so would go under tighter arms. Tbh, you’d want to cover them up too…

Drac

Yup loads of them.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ixs-hammer-elbow-guards-2017/rp-prod143477

That said most elbow guards are over the top. 😉

cb

Drac – clearly you are more talented than I! I seem to have a knack of landing elbow first! The thought of cracking it again at the moment makes me wince!! Those ones you linked to are a little bit too “special” for me though!

Drac

Plenty more to choose from.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/body-armour/arm-pads

I usually faceplant

smatkins1
    Free Member

There’s no way these will go on over clothing and I can’t see base layers or tight jackets going on over the top either!

Is it only DHers that wear these things with baggy tops?

There are ‘rules’ regarding wearing pads when on a mountain bike.

Pads worn with tight clothing (especially lycra) is a big no-no. Pads on top of clothing is also a big no-no.

I fear you are stuggling to find anything because you’re trying to commit one of the major no-nos of mountain biking! Injuries aside, we can’t be riding around looking like wallies!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Do "over the top" elbow pads exist?’ is closed to new replies.